ADVERTISEMENT

WLax 2023 Schedule - Playing all the best teams

I would hope so; they have moved Spring games to Ryan Fieldhouse before, due to weather. It will be televised on BTN, so there will be an investment in playing outside once the cameras and production equipment are set up at Lakeside Field. I'm guessing they don't usually set up a "Plan B" TV coverage inside RFH just in case. Any TV Medill types out there with more insight?

Saw the team practicing OUTSIDE this afternoon with the snowflakes flying and the wind blowing a gale. I would guess they will try to give it a go outside unless it is raining (or snowing, lol). Should be a nice home field advantage against their biggest BIG rivals.

I would hope so; they have moved Spring games to Ryan Fieldhouse before, due to weather. It will be televised on BTN, so there will be an investment in playing outside once the cameras and production equipment are set up at Lakeside Field. I'm guessing they don't usually set up a "Plan B" TV coverage inside RFH just in case. Any TV Medill types out there with more insight?
No insight on this specific case. I have a bit of background in remote production logistics, however, and you're right in realizing that it's no small matter to do last-minute change of venue -- especially for demands of network coverage. (Not a 1-2 camera student operation such as I sometimes see on ESPN+, usually from smaller schools.)

Roll call for Saturday: (I’ll be there with my “Lake Show” pennant and my stadium blankets)
How about a roll call for the BIG Championship game in Columbus on May 6th? Mrs. GOUNUII and I will be there.

GOUNUII

Updated NWS forecast now predicts 50% chance of showers tomorrow possibly lasting until 7-8 PM and tempearatue in the 40s. Regardless the Cats should be victorious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT