ADVERTISEMENT

WLAX coverage this weekend: What's wrong with this picture?

NUMBfan

Aug 26, 2005
This weekend's games in the NCAA wlax tournament:

UVA vs. UNC - noon Sat - ESPN3

Princeton vs. Boston College - 1pm Sat - ESPN3

Denver vs. Maryland - 7pm Sat - BTN

Syracuse vs. Northwestern - 2pm Sat - NO COVERAGE???

Something is really wrong with this, especially in light of NU's dramatic upset of a seemingly unstoppable Maryland team to win the B1G Tourney. Our Team has arguably revolutionized the sport of Women's Lacrosse; I think they deserve a lot better than this.

Will we at least have WNUR to fall back on? This is really disappointing. I expect a really good matchup between the Orangepersons and the Wildcats on Saturday. BTN WHERE ARE YOU???

My son announces men's lacrosse for ESPN. ESPN has been hurt by cable systems not including ESPN's stations in the standard package. ESPN used to receive monthly fees for each but now many of their extra channels are in specialty tiers , reducing ESPN reimbursement

It is costly to telecast these "lesser" events . ESPN flies my son to game sites and pays for car rental, lodging and meals plus his per game salary. This week they will fly him to Hartford to be on the studio show for the 1/4 finals and next week for the Memorial Day semi's and final.

When my son played at UVA ,he played in the finals 3 times with crowds around 50,000. Now , attendance is much less because of increased TV coverage but that may change as economics forces the networks to economize.

I'm sure our game will be steamed on BTN. Regardless of sport, NCAA tourney games get streamed somewhere.

Reactions: NUMBfan
Another easy win, 18-14, vs. The Cuse, where we again jumped out to a big lead (10-3!l) and cruised from there.

No doubt that the semis will be televised..

Another easy win, 18-14, vs. The Cuse, where we again jumped out to a big lead (10-3!l) and cruised from there.

No doubt that the semis will be televised..

You are correct: the NCAA semis will be televised on ESPN3. If I am reading the brackets correctly, NU will face MARYLAND on Friday, May 24 (game time TBA).

If NU beats the Turtles yet again, the Championship game will pit the 'Cats against the winner of UNC vs. Boston College on Sunday, May 26 at NOON Eastern.

Looks like an incredible weekend of WLAX coming up in Baltimore! GO 'CATS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT