ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Lacrosse tonight on BTN

Getting outplayed in draw controls and shots so far to 3 win OSU

I'm sure the KAH halftime talk wasn't pleasant. They had a clunker first half in the first Maryland game as well.

Down 10-8 at halftime, the Cats came back to win 21-14. Izzy Scane is a lock to win the Tewaaraton. She made some great defensive plays which will help secure her status as a favorite.
The only downside to their game tonight was their inability to control the draw consistently in the first half.
Always nice to beat dOSU by a touchdown.
Especially at The Shoe.

I could only watch about the last 3/4ths on BTN but was struck by what seemed obvious partiality of the announcers. Ordinarily the network does a good job of concealing that (witness Dave Revsine working an NU game), but it seemed that Ohio State goals prompted near-shrieks while Cats scores were mostly greeted as if reporting livestock prices.

This just seemed obvious to me. Anyone else bothered by it?

Will there be a rebroadcast for those of us who were on the clock during the broadcast?

I could only watch about the last 3/4ths on BTN but was struck by what seemed obvious partiality of the announcers. Ordinarily the network does a good job of concealing that (witness Dave Revsine working an NU game), but it seemed that Ohio State goals prompted near-shrieks while Cats scores were mostly greeted as if reporting livestock prices.

This just seemed obvious to me. Anyone else bothered by it?

Maybe I didn't see the same parts, but all I heard were comments about NU's adjustments after trailing at half, how we were running up and down the field, how great the d was making it tough for OSU, the greatness of KAH and her players going on to coach, how fun we are to watch, etc (keying in on Scane and others on their skills). In passing, they did say OSU had to be aggressive and score quickly to get back into game, but went back to complimenting NU d. Maybe the excitement you heard was the hope that OSU could make it a game. Grain of salt - my lax knowledge is just about 0.

...and has a clear talent advantage over the competition.

That OSU lady is tall and strong with what I assume are strong forearms and wrists. Is the wrist strength the advantage in a draw? She seemed to be flipping the ball over her head and then using her height to gather it in.

In the first half, OSU was playing what appeared to be a collapsed zone which required tight, accurate passing from NU and precise shots. Most of the offense went through the left side, I assume favoring a right handed shot. NU was defending man to man, picking up players much further out. OSU was able to use this relatively loose defense to their advantage. Didn't see the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT