ADVERTISEMENT

"worst defeat ever" to a top 5 Collins win?

Ok - simple questions - what has CCC accomplished since then with his own players in every used scholarship spot? What percentage of CCC recruited players were developed into legit B1G quality rotation worthy players?
Gosh, you're just as negative on this board as you are on the football board. What is the point of all of this negativity? Why do you hate NU so much?

Reactions: haywood jahblowme
Gosh, you're just as negative on this board as you are on the football board. What is the point of all of this negativity? Why do you hate NU so much?

AB - I do no hate NU and nothing you assign to me changes that. NI represents excellence to me. In my time, less than excellence was called out for correction.

On the subject of coaching B1G level basketball, does CCCs production seem excellent to you? Probably. We have different ideas of excellent B1G basketball coaching. Mine are more widely held outside this online community.

He’s actually openly admitted that he wants NU to drop it’s basketball program. I definitely wouldn’t call him a fan.

@Aging Booster @haywood jahblowme Care to revisit this? I seriously doubt it. NU - Excellence. Do you both feel that NU MBB coaching reflects the level of excellence that NU espouses University wide?

I'll sit back and wait forever for an answer. Maybe the FB game v MN will help us forget all this as they demonstrate NU's strive for excellence with a dominant display on the offensive side of the ball this weekend. Because, by hoping to get better coaching, I clearly hate NU.

Tools.

@Aging Booster @haywood jahblowme Care to revisit this? I seriously doubt it. NU - Excellence. Do you both feel that NU MBB coaching reflects the level of excellence that NU espouses University wide?

I'll sit back and wait forever for an answer. Maybe the FB game v MN will help us forget all this as they demonstrate NU's strive for excellence with a dominant display on the offensive side of the ball this weekend. Because, by hoping to get better coaching, I clearly hate NU.

Tools.

no i guess i wait for NU players to do good and former players to do bad and then compare them and tag you in it? because thats good? nice

Tools.

shooting 3/21 from three isn't coaching. it just isn't. its player execution. you may disagree and thats fine.

is not being "up" to play radford on a tuesday night in an empty arena coaching or player pride? you might argue coaching and and again i disagree. to me on this level that is player pride in being a competitor in my opinion. the NU boys didn't compete yesterday.

coachings set the framework for gameplan and execution. players have to bring energy and competitive drive. the man D in merrimack was on collins - poor execution. the zone change and player effort were a combo against providence - both coaching and player execution. the radford effort was on the players. again just my opinion.

if you are going to call me out - then i will respond to you accordingly - which i have in the past. i think your negativity and posting when bad and zero posting when good is a crock of shit. its little kid shit to come back and say nah nah na boo boo i told you so... until you can't do it and tuck your tail. i am not saying you are not fan because each person defines that differently. i just think you have a shitty negative attitude and rarely contribute to the board in a positive way (again - totally your right - i just think its a waste of energy and effort) hell maybe your contribution is bringing the rest of the posters together. its a genius move to unite the rest of the board against you like batman. not the hero we wanted but the hero we needed.

as far as excellence at NU i most certainly want it - but with FB as an example (B1G west champs to possibly winless ) things at NU operate different. rarely do we reload. We take shots on guys and hope for a perfect storm of development (bmac class/persa-ebert-dunsmore/JJ-clayton) etc. Neither team has that now. i know that and accept it that and still look for positives (Nance's development and youngs potential in year one are two examples - Kopp pressing/forcing the isses and Gaines being hot or cold are issues)

shooting 3/21 from three isn't coaching. it just isn't. its player execution. you may disagree and thats fine.

is not being "up" to play radford on a tuesday night in an empty arena coaching or player pride? you might argue coaching and and again i disagree. to me on this level that is player pride in being a competitor in my opinion. the NU boys didn't compete yesterday.

coachings set the framework for gameplan and execution. players have to bring energy and competitive drive. the man D in merrimack was on collins - poor execution. the zone change and player effort were a combo against providence - both coaching and player execution. the radford effort was on the players. again just my opinion.

if you are going to call me out - then i will respond to you accordingly - which i have in the past. i think your negativity and posting when bad and zero posting when good is a crock of shit. its little kid shit to come back and say nah nah na boo boo i told you so... until you can't do it and tuck your tail. i am not saying you are not fan because each person defines that differently. i just think you have a shitty negative attitude and rarely contribute to the board in a positive way (again - totally your right - i just think its a waste of energy and effort) hell maybe your contribution is bringing the rest of the posters together. its a genius move to unite the rest of the board against you like batman. not the hero we wanted but the hero we needed.

as far as excellence at NU i most certainly want it - but with FB as an example (B1G west champs to possibly winless ) things at NU operate different. rarely do we reload. We take shots on guys and hope for a perfect storm of development (bmac class/persa-ebert-dunsmore/JJ-clayton) etc. Neither team has that now. i know that and accept it that and still look for positives (Nance's development and youngs potential in year one are two examples - Kopp pressing/forcing the isses and Gaines being hot or cold are issues)

While I agree with your player pride assessment, I think the Northwestern fan family has to look in the mirror, too. I think "put a good product on the floor, then we'll come" is a cop out. If we only put ~300 butts in the seats, we are doing ourselves a disservice.

Sure, the players need to give their best effort every time they step on the floor, but playing in front of a 10% filled arena after an upset of Providence would be deflating for about anyone. For 19-20 year old kids (and even adults), home-court advantage matters. We are totally giving up on that advantage.

Watching the game last night, I was concerned by the lack of apparent structure on offense. Unclear if that is coaching or execution. But the lack of effort to loose balls was also troubling.

Plenty of fingers to point if people want, but I hope people will primarily be concerned with supporting the team and young people competing.

OMG. Absolute perfection.

no i guess i wait for NU players to do good and former players to do bad and then compare them and tag you in it? because thats good? nice

Kinda like when you either attack me or like posts that do so. That's even nicer.

I typically like your insightfulness. Used to like gcg too.

A. Your short memory forgets the NCAA year. I get it. Long time ago. Won’t even use the archives. Remember Lara - all the posts about her and I flying around to catch games? Nice argument, serves a sweet but sadly untrue martyr theme. But you are simply wrong. Sorry, not sorry.

2. all this crap you lay at the feet of the coaches - who chose to bring in those players. I would have thought high character, high quality, high motor players would be the target. Funny how good coaching doesn’t have this problem.

ok - go back to your head in the sand, blame the messenger diatribes. Whatever works for you.

Kinda like when you either attack me or like posts that do so. That's even nicer.

I typically like your insightfulness. Used to like gcg too.

A. Your short memory forgets the NCAA year. I get it. Long time ago. Won’t even use the archives. Remember Lara - all the posts about her and I flying around to catch games? Nice argument, serves a sweet but sadly untrue martyr theme. But you are simply wrong. Sorry, not sorry.

2. all this crap you lay at the feet of the coaches - who chose to bring in those players. I would have thought high character, high quality, high motor players would be the target. Funny how good coaching doesn’t have this problem.

ok - go back to your head in the sand, blame the messenger diatribes. Whatever works for you.

are you saying the NU kids are not high character? are the NU FB kids not high character? hell - any of the NU kids that are not performing at a high level?

are you saying the NU kids are not high character? are the NU FB kids not high character? hell - any of the NU kids that are not performing at a high level?

No, you are. High character athletes come in and do what is asked if them by their coaches.

You have been describing short comings on the players that goes to character.

You can’t have it both ways. Can’t absolve the coaches and point to players without indicting the players. Can’t blame the stadium anyone. Can’t blame admissions - these are the guys CCC wanted.

So, once again - do you still feel the recruiting, development and deployment of the student athletes on the MBB team reflects the level of excellence by the coaching group that reflects the standard of excellence commanded throughout the rest of the campus?

If you start talking about graduation rates and growth as men, then dissolve the varsity sport, make it a club sport and let CCC focus solely on graduation and growth. Oh, and reduce the budget to club level.

I can’t help but notice no response to my memory trigger of my regular posting during good times. Big of you to admit that you were wrong in championing the BS talking points often used to attack detractors around here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT