ADVERTISEMENT

Wow!

Nice to see players on Reddit taking high road saying while it was time for him to move on, on a personal level they had no issues whatsoever.

Last edited:
While there is a thread of truth in what the guy is saying, being a 'family' and all, the truth is we have certain reasonable expectations even of family members. Not that we would ever emulate Michigan, but the ex-players are incredibly and vocally sick of their annual pantsing from dOSU, and this from a team that has a proven favorite son as coach, gets top recruits, wins a lot of games and is a media darling. They have, understandably, very high expectations. Losing to a despised rival continually must really suck (wouldn't know personally) but compare this to being arguably the 130th best offense in the country.

I think we can agree that Solo would not have been All B1G by any stretch, but I'd include him in a fairly long list of seemingly talented guys that we simply couldn't utilize. Multiple years on the same field as JJTBC and Thor, yet, virtually nothing. His fault, possibly to a point. A current example - what if Kyric McGowan becomes the next Venric Mark? Why are we two plus years in before we figure it out? For that matter, how about the original Venric Mark? One of the most explosive players in out team's history and he got the ball from scrimmage like 10 times prior to 2012.

I'm not going to pee on this guy's grave, but the problem was a lot deeper than not 'running the touchdown play'

This happens a lot in sports, where family members make burner accounts to defend their relative. It is very high pressure and stressful for families to read negativity about their relative. No athlete/coach is immune from it. You pretty much have to avoid that part of the internet entirely.

Yeah, I feel for both sides here. It’s very true that players will blame coaches for failed development and 99.999% of fans are pretty/very ignorant to what actually happens. At a human level it has to be very hard for family.

That being said, they get paid very well because of that same attention and people willing to invest in the program/team.

In addition to SOLO there are other former players who have commented on him in the past. Beyond what SOLO said about not utilizing players, I’ve seen other former players on twitter say that what they’d do in the games was totally different than what they’d practice for the week.

Is it true? Who knows. But it’s interesting.

Personally, I think it is weird if any NU fans are following Solomon Vault on Twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT