ADVERTISEMENT

Your Input Desired

Ugh. I took that survey. Most of it was research regarding how much you might be willing to pay for various types of premium seats. Not so much stadium design and moreso pricing.

35,000 seats. All seats with padding and seat backs. Improved video and sound. Stadium wifi. A large, open air patio in the south end zone overlooking the field, with a year-round Wildcat themed restaurant attached (plenty of parking!). Wider concourses and improved concessions (RF hot dogs are awful).

I also took the survey. The reality for me is I’m only going to be an infrequent attendee and am not a target for season tix. I think the new stadium will enhance the experience of attending games but I think the administration has the ongoing problem of attracting local non-alums to attend games. But just having the new stadium might attract locals to check it out. So drawing locals to a single gsme might be attainable, how can it be sustained to keep them coming back. It’s a big challenge expanding the fan base locally to draw in a capture non-alums. The new stadium will also be a positive not only for the campus but for the community. I hope the city politicos and the locals recognize that and don’t obstruct the project that would cause delays.

CFB is such an arms race. I saw on Reddit that Rice (!!) is raising 100M for athletic facilities. It's like you have to do it, even if recruits aren't naming it as important, just to keep up. Like WestCoastWildca...t (your name splits at the last letter) I am an infrequent attendee. I am not as concerned about amenities but I respect that others are. A sound system that sounds better than a transistor radio would be nice. Seat backs would be good, especially for my wife. Heck, I went to the RU game and planted myself, and didn't move except to stand/cheer until the game was over. No concessions, no bathroom, just watched the game. Wireless would be good but my coverage was ok with a fairly small crowd. Fewer seats is probably warranted but I don't see it creating artificial demand like when I used to go to Jacobs Field when it opened in Cleveland. Perhaps we have a little bump from behemoth rivals buying season tix and then dumping the extra games. Doesn't put purple butts in seats tho.

Reactions: StreamCat
I got the same and I'm not a ticket holder. Will probably take some time to answer it over the weekend.

Ugh. I took that survey. Most of it was research regarding how much you might be willing to pay for various types of premium seats. Not so much stadium design and moreso pricing.

35,000 seats. All seats with padding and seat backs. Improved video and sound. Stadium wifi. A large, open air patio in the south end zone overlooking the field, with a year-round Wildcat themed restaurant attached (plenty of parking!). Wider concourses and improved concessions (RF hot dogs are awful).
And please get rid of (or cover up) that shoe box behind the North goal posts.

Interesting on who is getting this survey.

I have had season tickets for 25 years. I am not an alum. Currently, I have 10 tix and parking passes in the west lot. I donate some $. I have bball season tix also. I go to every game. I would figure that I am a target audience—local, loyal, non alum fan, but I hear squat from NU.

catsfan5- That’s really interesting that NU Athletics have not contacted you for input on an ongoing basis. For the local college college athletic programs (UCSD and SDSU) I attend their games snd donate I frequently receive surveys for feedback. Even though you are not an alum I’m very surprised that NU Athletics are not in regular contact with you for your feedback. I think you would be a prime target for surveys since you are a season ticket holder in major sports and are a donor. Rather mystifying. Not smart on their part not to keep those like you in the loop.

Reactions: drewjin

I have had season tickets for 25 years. I am not an alum. Currently, I have 10 tix and parking passes in the west lot. I donate some $. I have bball season tix also. I go to every game. I would figure that I am a target audience—local, loyal, non alum fan, but I hear squat from NU.
Something seems off there. I got the survey and I'm not an alum or season ticket holder (my Dad is but they aren't in my name). Maybe they don't have an updated email address for you?

I am a bball season ticket holder. They emailed my tickets to me last week.

Contact your ticket rep. I have had season tickets for 30 years and did not get the survey. I mistakenly opted out of NU emails, don’t know how it happened. In any case, your ticket rep can send the survey to you.

They should have at least shown a picture of Ryan Field for a B!G game instead of a non conference contest

Reactions: drewjin
Marketing is a skill and discipline.
NU does not have marketing genius. Where is Kellogg? I thought they built their blatantly fake glass palace to demonstrate their business and marketing acumen? So much for that, it is empty of feeling, so how do they expect to understand what people want?

NU has never posessed marketing genius. Where is Kellogg? I thought they built their blatantly fake glass palace to demonstrate their business and marketing acumen? So much for that.
I think it got better under JP but pre JP nada. Not sure what the new AD will do to move the needle forward.

Something seems off there. I got the survey and I'm not an alum or season ticket holder (my Dad is but they aren't in my name). Maybe they don't have an updated email address for you?
Same here. My tickets are from the account of a friend. Also not an alum. I got a survey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT