ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Franks: Final Four

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
NU, Duke, PSU, and Rutgers:

Feels like PSU is in the driver's seat. Will be interesting to see whether they "recruit over" him before he is ready to make his decision. We should be able to beat Rutgers, but Duke has been pretty pesky this year.

Would love to get Franks for our OT spot. Rouse seems to be taking his time (saw a story indicating that he now wants to decide after his senior year), Barrett is heading to Stanford for a visit this week, and Williamson is committed to Louisville.

Feels like PSU is in the driver's seat. Will be interesting to see whether they "recruit over" him before he is ready to make his decision. We should be able to beat Rutgers, but Duke has been pretty pesky this year.

Would love to get Franks for our OT spot. Rouse seems to be taking his time (saw a story indicating that he now wants to decide after his senior year), Barrett is heading to Stanford for a visit this week, and Williamson is committed to Louisville.
Probably Franks or bust out of the 4 you mention.

I will never understand the appeal of Duke over NU. I hope it works out for Franks. He seemed to really like the campus and he should see an opportunity to play right away here.

Possible reasons for Duke over NU:

Parents can drive to games.
Better weather.
Duke is generally considered a more desirable school in the private school world of Baltimore and DC.

As Franks is from Baltimore, his short list tells me he likes the Big Ten , academics and being close to home. PSU has a fine reputation in the area academically. I can see where it could be the front runner. My guess is NU did a fabulous sales job to get short listed.

Last edited:
Possible reasons for Duke over NU:

Parents can drive to games.
Better weather.
Duke is generally considered a more desirable school in the private school world of Baltimore and DC.

As Frank's is from Baltimore, his short list tells me he likes the Big Ten , academics and being close to home. PSU has a fine reputation in the area academically. I can see where it could be the front runner. My guess is NU did a fabulous sales job to get short listed.

Originally from Connecticut, which I think might explain the Rutgers interest.

Based on most of the schools being close to home, Virginia would seem like a natural. Definitely a lean towards the Big Ten, particularly since he included Rutgers. Who knows? Perhaps NU can collect donated frequent flyer miles for the parents. Just kidding.

Based on most of the schools being close to home, Virginia would seem like a natural. Definitely a lean towards the Big Ten, particularly since he included Rutgers. Who knows? Perhaps NU can collect donated frequent flyer miles for the parents. Just kidding.

DC to Chicago is an easy flight with a ton of options.

Still feels like PSU is in the driver’s seat, particularly with him visiting there this weekend.

6 of 6 for PSU on the CB’s and he hasn’t even visited yet. Looks like barring his spot being taken in the next few days, the snake oil salesman gets him.

He was on campus at Penn State for a camp in June, returning end of this week for a recruiting BBQ (where Rouse is also scheduled to be).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT