ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Strief named Broncos OL coach

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
Congratulations to our own BigZ63! It looks like I finally have a new AFC team to cheer for after all. Kudos to @CoralSpringsCat for sharing this on the Rock yesterday.

I am wondering what "quickly ascended in the coaching ranks" means? Isn't the difference between an assistant OL coach and an OL coach one rank? (There appears to be 2 grumpy people on the board today)

I am wondering what "quickly ascended in the coaching ranks" means? Isn't the difference between an assistant OL coach and an OL coach one rank? (There appears to be 2 grumpy people on the board today)
My interpretation is that he earned the right to choose where he wants to be an OL coach, and only wanted leave the AOLC role with the Saints for the right opportunity - to coach for Payton.

The perfect opportunity presented itself, and BigZ ascended from N’awlins to Denver.

Means that less than 2 yrs ago, BigZ was the play-by-play voice announcer for Saints radio (BigZ has his work cut out for him w/ the Broncos).

Don't know how much Payton can fix RW w/o reverting back to a good portion of how Seattle used him, which is not the type of O Sean likes to run.

Don't think Trevor would be particularly keen on this, but wouldn't be surprised if Sean tries to get Siemian as a backup once his contract with the Bears expires after next season (the Broncos need a backup QB and Trevor can run Payton's O).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT