ADVERTISEMENT

Zone reads by Thorson

If he meshed longer with JJTBC, it would make his read easier. Right now there seems to be more preordained handoffs than reads.

Thorson needs to learn to make the read, take the seven yard gain, and then slide.

Given that JJTBC is our "bread and butter," I'm guessing Thorson has been instructed to pull the ball only if the read is 100% crystal clear. I could (and probably would) argue that he has had enough such clean reads to pull the ball more in the first two games, but can also understand the coaches wanting the ball in Jackson's hands on run plays more than Thorson's.

Given that JJTBC is our "bread and butter," I'm guessing Thorson has been instructed to pull the ball only if the read is 100% crystal clear. I could (and probably would) argue that he has had enough such clean reads to pull the ball more in the first two games, but can also understand the coaches wanting the ball in Jackson's hands on run plays more than Thorson's.
It seems that they have been intention keeping his runs down

Given that JJTBC is our "bread and butter," I'm guessing Thorson has been instructed to pull the ball only if the read is 100% crystal clear. ... .

In other words, "Trust Yourself" means "don't"?

Not much of a "read" play if the staff won't let you...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT