ADVERTISEMENT

“Should have known”

Amcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I have reread several times President Schill’s Leadership Note announcing his decision to fire Coach Fitzgerald. In it, Schill notes a few new facts, including “new media reporting” and a reappraisal of his thought process to focus more on the “should have known“ standard, undoubtedly brought on by the “new media reporting” and attendant outcry. It occurs to me that Schill knew or “should have known” that, in light of the facts he knew or should have known,” a 2 week suspension would be unsatisfactory to some or many, and he ultimately changed course 180 degrees.

By Schill’s own “should have known“ standard, his actions in this entire affair did not meet the “should have known” standard and should result in his termination. Unfortunately, I have no confidence that this will happen, just as I have no confidence that Schill and Gragg can lead us out of this mess.

I have been excited to attend Homecoming this year, as it will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of my graduation. That excitement is now gone. I’ve always been a proud Wildcat, but not so much right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News