ADVERTISEMENT

2022 WLax Tourney - Go Cats!

Maybe my mind is going but I thought it used to be that actual NCAA tourney games were streamed for free. Bummed I couldn't watch.

The 'Cats had the ball in the last minute with the shot clock turned off (so they should have the last possession of the half). Then they just slip on the wet grass and turn it over, unforced, to Michigan (saw the same thing happen earlier, too). Then Michigan runs down the field and Northwestern gets called for a foul with under 10 seconds left, then Michigan scores on the free position with 5 seconds left.

There was a comment that the Rutgers loss was partly due to rain. Well, if Northwestern just slips on the grass and turns it over when it rains, I guess I can see why.

'Cats still up 3 at the half, but they should be up 5, maybe 6. Pretty worrisome to let them hang around.

So far all we know is that it will be played at Lakeside on Thursday. Time is still TBA.

Tickets can be purchased on game day at Lakeside an hour before opening draw.

Reactions: Alvious
4:00 PM Thursday on ESPNU. I'm going to try like heck to make it there.
I'll be there, probably around 2:00 in the adjacent lot next to the field (if they let us park and tailgate.) So far we've been able to do that, but on weekends and evening games when the lot is wide open.
Otherwise we might use the roof of the parking garage.

Cats look good today, win 15-4 — beautiful day on the lakefront!

Go 'Cats!
No. 1 UNC gets by Stony Brook 8-5 today. Will face our Lady Cats in the semifinals of the Final Four next weekend. Here’s hoping the women can avenge their loss to the Tar Heels from earlier this year. GOUNUII

No. 1 UNC gets by Stony Brook 8-5 today. Will face our Lady Cats in the semifinals of the Final Four next weekend. Here’s hoping the women can avenge their loss to the Tar Heels from earlier this year. GOUNUII
Tough draw for NU. All 4 top seeds advance, all but UNC decisively. Hoping for a better outcome than early in the year.......

Reactions: Alvious
How about Madison Doucette's performance in goal! And our defense has really tightened down over the last couple weeks. I would like nothing better than to beat the Heels, at least to show the injustice of Lauren Gilbert being left off the Tewaaraton finalists.

I may wander up to Homewood to see the game. If anyone is going to B’more ,let me know. I will probably have lunch in the Indian restaurant near Homewood, dinner in Little Italy (Chiaparelli’s) followed by dessert at Vaccaro’s.

I may wander up to Homewood to see the game. If anyone is going to B’more ,let me know. I will probably have lunch in the Indian restaurant near Homewood, dinner in Little Italy (Chiaparelli’s) followed by dessert at Vaccaro’s.
I'm not going to be anywhere near Baltimore, but that sounds delicious! And the LAX would be fun, too...

Game time has been moved up to 11:30 CT due to impending severe weather forecasts. It will be telecast on ESPNews.

Do not be surprised if today’s game is postponed.Rain chance is 80% and flood watch begins at 11 AM Baltimore time . Tomorrow’s forecast is more favorable (30% rain chance)

If we do play in the rain today, it could work to our advantage. It might have a leveling effect benefitting the underdog (NU).
Remember Rutgers?

The horrendous weather forecast and new time have derailed my trip to B’more. I would have liked to see the cats but missing a raspberry Napoleon at Vacarro’s-shattering !

Reactions: mountaindrew
Once again the defense has been fabulous - this time against the undefeated number 1 team in the country. Need to keep the pedal to the metal.

Reactions: SDakaGordie
Can a team overcome a 7 goal deficit in one quarter?

'Cats up 13 - 6 at the end of third. One quarter to go - have to believe we can protect 7 goal lead. Must continue to attack!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT