ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Schedule is brutal

Incredible to see a schedule with only 4 pre-1992 Big Ten schools.

Would not have believed that 15 years ago...

But yes, that could be extremely tough with Michigan, Penn State, Oregon, USC, UCLA. Fortunately we get 5 conference games at "home", but will depend on where those programs are and where Braun has us.

And Tulane on the road as non-conference could be tough as well.

We'll have to get used to schedules like this in the future.

Reactions: Hkjb
That's two years from now, which is a lifetime. Realistic to expect coaching changes at literally half those programs before we play them in that season.

(but yes...on paper...brutal)

2024 is no picnic with Michigan and Ohio State back to back. It was very important to make a bowl this year for some recruiting momentum going into that gauntlet.
Really does feel as if only Iowa and us maximized this last year of the Big Ten West.

Nice not to be going into the 18 team configuration with a multi-year bowl-less streak.

I think Tulane on the road will be tougher than UCLA.

UCLA probably is more like an average B1G team. I would rather face Washington and Oregon in a few years than Washington now, given the facts we have now. Both of those teams (especially Washington) could take a step back from playoff contention without their respective Heisman candidates in Penix and Nix.

Honestly, Michigan could be due for a major regression in a few years especially if they face sanctions. I probably would want to face any of those teams in 2025 instead of Ohio State.

It still is a gauntlet, but might be able to realistically steal a few wins if those programs take a step back.

I think Tulane on the road will be tougher than UCLA.

UCLA probably is more like an average B1G team. I would rather face Washington and Oregon in a few years than Washington now, given the facts we have now. Both of those teams (especially Washington) could take a step back from playoff contention without their respective Heisman candidates in Penix and Nix.

Honestly, Michigan could be due for a major regression in a few years especially if they face sanctions. I probably would want to face any of those teams in 2025 instead of Ohio State.

It still is a gauntlet, but might be able to realistically steal a few wins if those programs take a step back.
3-9 won’t feel good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT