ADVERTISEMENT

A look at what a possible new White Sox stadium could look like - from the Sun-Times

If The White Sox can afford it, have at it. Are the taxpayers still paying for the last mistake? I am a sports fan but businesses should be able to pay for their own assets. It is not like the fan gets a break for subsidizing them.

Should be a new domed (retractable?) facility at the site for the Bears which could also be used for Super Bowls, Final 4's etc.. No public money (other than infrastructure) for a baseball facility that really only benefits the Sox.

Isn't it weird how old technology stadiums lasted 100 years and new ones (Brewers, White Sox, Soldier) only last 30 years or so. I guess we'll have another new Ryan Field and WRA in 25 years or so ( /s if it's not obvious)

If The White Sox can afford it, have at it. Are the taxpayers still paying for the last mistake? I am a sports fan but businesses should be able to pay for their own assets. It is not like the fan gets a break for subsidizing them.
If they are it is the city's fault. It has been there for over 30 years and had a cost of $137 mill. Small change in the price of stadiums these days. Heck city probably found a way to be more in debt than the original cost

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT