ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL A reason for hope…

CoralSpringsCat

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2002
Coral Springs, FL
September 19, 1992 - perhaps one of the most disheartening performances of the Barnett era. The Cats go up to Chestnut Hill and get completely annihilated by the Eagles 49-0. Totally overwhelmed; couldn’t do a thing right; never in the game. Still a painful memory for me. Ugh.

September 18, 1993 - perhaps one of the most underrated coaching performances of Barnett’s career. The Cats faced #22 Boston College led by Glenn Foley and Pete Mitchell in Evanston. NU was coming off a week one loss to Notre Dame and still had memories of the previous years shellacking in Boston. I’m still not exactly sure how he did it, but I’ve never seen such a motivated bunch of Wildcats. Barnett had his troops ready to roll as they managed to stay close throughout. NU scored late, set up by a long Eric Scott kick return, and the defense held off Foley as the Cats pulled off the 22-21 upset. Talk about a happy post game locker room. What a sweet victory it was.

Obviously not the exact same scenario, but this type of performance gives me hope. I’m counting on Fitz to have his team ready to play tomorrow. I can guarantee you that last years game was used to motivate the team throughout the offseason. Here’s hoping history can repeat itself and the Cats can bounce back from a serious ass whooping and pull out a victory in Dublin. Stranger things have happened.

#ExpectVictory

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News