ADVERTISEMENT

All the right teams lost for our best bowl game, right?

I really really hope it's not the Pinstripe.
You are not going to the Pinstripe. I'm a Rutgers fan and we've basically been locked into that bowl for a month. The 4-game losing streak to end the season, including Saturday's loss to Maryland, all but sealed the deal.

You are not going to the Pinstripe. I'm a Rutgers fan and we've basically been locked into that bowl for a month. The 4-game losing streak to end the season, including Saturday's loss to Maryland, all but sealed the deal.
100% agree...it's either Vegas or Phoenix. Sconnie a lock for Nashville and Rutgers for NYC.

I don't think I'm being a homer when I say we are objectively the better pick here on head-to-head, geography, and storyline...unless someone on the Vegas Bowl committee irrationally thinks a Northwestern vs. Utah rematch from the 2019 Holiday Bowl will be a deterrent for both fan bases.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
100% agree...it's either Vegas or Phoenix. Sconnie a lock for Nashville and Rutgers for NYC.

I don't think I'm being a homer when I say we are objectively the better pick here on head-to-head, geography, and storyline...unless someone on the Vegas Bowl committee irrationally thinks a Northwestern vs. Utah rematch from the 2019 Holiday Bowl will be a deterrent for both fan bases.
Yep, all depends on whether Vegas wants Maryland or us.

Hard to tell at this point; Utah's always travelled extremely well to bowl games but hard to know how that fanbase feels after 2 Rose Bowls and a bit of a letdown this year due to injuries.

Vegas is a great trip for their fanbase though given proximity, so have to assume they'd fill the place either way.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
The parade and outdoor festivities the day before were even colder.
Oh yes, the day before, we had a great time exploring inside the Gaylord Opryland hotel where we stayed, and got to meet some of the team as they were staying there. Much warmer in there and so amazingly decorated for the holidays. I would go back and stay there again.

Yep, all depends on whether Vegas wants Maryland or us.

Hard to tell at this point; Utah's always travelled extremely well to bowl games but hard to know how that fanbase feels after 2 Rose Bowls and a bit of a letdown this year due to injuries.

Vegas is a great trip for their fanbase though given proximity, so have to assume they'd fill the place either way.
I already booked The Bellagio. Airfare can be changed to Phoenix if necessary. Maybe I will get to see an NU game this year

We were quite cold at the last Music City bowl. Late afternoon/evening game with temps in the 30s. We had the warmer packs in our boots. I am used to being out in the cold but when you think about almost 4 hours just sitting or standing in place, that makes it colder than if you were walking around or doing something recreational.
The pipes in our VRBO house froze one morning and we had no water. And my golf clubs in the trunk never made it out...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT