ADVERTISEMENT

An Inconvenient Truth: Acker our 3rd string back over Anderson?

I hadn't realized until now there was a sixth Rivals Board--the Turk Board.

It's where we go to take a "Turkish Bath."

I've embarrassed myself. I've angered myself. I've disappointed myself. But nothing will ever make me more disgusted with myself than not digging up 2015 Long's receptions total just to make Turk look like a complete and total fool like DkeCat just did. So, so ashamed of myself.

Correcting Turk's BS takes a village.

I've embarrassed myself. I've angered myself. I've disappointed myself. But nothing will ever make me more disgusted with myself than not digging up 2015 Long's receptions total just to make Turk look like a complete and total fool like DkeCat just did. So, so ashamed of myself.

Hey CCF, what is the name of your site? Would like to check it out

Good Grief! Are you suggesting that Long isnt a good receiver out of the backfield? Yes or No

Good Grief! Are you suggesting that Long isnt a good receiver out of the backfield? Yes or No

Well, considering he had 3 catches for 27 yards for 2.08 yards/ game this year, yeah, I am going to say that Long wasn't a good receiver out of the backfield

Do you think THREE catches indicates he has terrific hands for a RB? Damian Anderson had far more catches (58 for 502 yards over career) and he wasn't considered to be a sure-handed receiver.

I personally can't recall WML's three receptions or any drops, so I'm undecided. For reference, Tyrell Sutton was a terrific receiver out of the backfield.

I think he's suggesting that it's impossible to make any kind of determination based on three whopping receptions.

I think he's suggesting that it's impossible to make any kind of determination based on three whopping receptions.
I said he can catch the ball and more specifically just as good as Herron. Just because he only has a handful of targets and wasnt utilized in most aspects of the offense isnt a reflection on him but rather McCall.

Vault can also catch the ball but only had 11 rceptions. Does his lack of receptions mean that he cant catch? And it was also a crime having jackson only getting a handfull of reception. Does that meanhe cant catch?

What it really means has already been well documented.

I said he can catch the ball and more specifically just as good as Herron. Just because he only has a handful of targets and wasnt utilized in most aspects of the offense isnt a reflection on him but rather McCall.

Vault can also catch the ball but only had 11 rceptions. Does his lack of receptions mean that he cant catch? And it was also a crime having jackson only getting a handfull of reception. Does that meanhe cant catch?

Turk, it means there isn't enough pass catching data for most fans to draw a firm conclusion on their receiving ability. I have seen nothing yet that suggests he's like Herron as a receiver. Maybe I've forgotten or missed something. Maybe you saw something in practice that makes you think he's a good receiver. With Herron, it was apparent pretty quickly he had good hands. Herron was catching 20-40 yard passes early and often and they stood out in my mind.

Those guys had slender builds. Tim Dwight had speed that was world class. Auston Anderson is built like a pit bull, not a WR.

"Name one receiver who's ever been effective at 5'9'' (maybe), 190 lbs?" I gave two examples. Yes, Tim Dwight had great speed. That's why he was an effective 5-9 receiver. And a 5-9 guy carrying 180-190 pounds does not have a slender build.

We know what you're saying. We are saying that it's a stupid thing to say without any real evidence.

Reactions: chicagocatfan24
Exactly. No one is saying he is or isn't a great receiving back were saying YOU HAVE NO IDEA EITHER

We know what you're saying. We are saying that it's a stupid thing to say without any real evidence.

Turk doesn't understand, value, or weigh evidence. He'll even leap to conclusions with zero evidence. Examples of this include: 1) 60657cat is Jacob Schmidt or someone currently working for NU, 2) I'm 60202cat, 3) I have multiple handles on Rivals, 4) I was run off the team, 5) I didn't work hard at NU, 6) I want McCall fired, 7) I harassed and PO'd Chris Emma, 8) I am a "shill" for others, 9) Green is our 2nd best QB. I could go over to TOS and find about a dozen more false conclusions he's made from scant to zero actual evidence. Lately, he's been pumping out a gusher of bullsh!t.

I like to think he's just having fun stirring things up on the boards, but sometimes it gets a little too strange when I have to reassure my friends after he has made false claims against me.

Last edited:
I actually wanna post some of Turk's finest work from TOS over here just so we all can have a good laugh at his expense

I actually wanna post some of Turk's finest work from TOS over here just so we all can have a good laugh at his expense

That might be too Turkcentric. It's best not to take him too seriously. To me, he's just having fun being an a-hole and I understand that because I'm also an a-hole. I don't think Turk would mind, though.

we may never have more proof under McCall. And we can say that about alot of offensive talent. If McCall stays, which i think he will, then i can see a few players re-evaluating and leaving. Thus if they keep McCall then fitz will need to make other changes like two offensive coordinators or changing out something. Something will have to give because im not convinced that fitz will be able to keep players who have to sweat their balls and bust their ass for this offensive mickey mouse bullshit. I hope im wrong but who can blame them if someone taps out?

Turk doesn't understand, value, or weigh evidence. He'll even leap to conclusions with zero evidence. Examples of this include: 1) 60657cat is Jacob Schmidt or someone currently working for NU, 2) I'm 60202cat, 3) I have multiple handles on Rivals, 4) I was run off the team, 5) I didn't work hard at NU, 6) I want McCall fired, 7) I harassed and PO'd Chris Emma, 8) I am a "shill" for others, 9) Green is our 2nd best QB. I could go over to TOS and find about a dozen more false conclusions he's made from scant to zero actual evidence. Lately, he's been pumping out a gusher of bullsh!t.

I like to think he's just having fun stirring things up on the boards, but sometimes it gets a little too strange when I have to reassure my friends after he has made false claims against me.
you single handedly destroyed tos. And you purposely stole email addresses and misrepresenting identities. And after the identity theft, tos sent me all kinds of threats and i had no idea what they were talking about. the carpetbagger was you and God only knows how many other handles. In a twisted way i found it extremely humorous afterwards. But im not misrepresenting your history of multiple handles.

we may never have more proof under McCall. And we can say that about alot of offensive talent. If McCall stays, which i think he will, then i can see a few players re-evaluating and leaving. Thus if they keep McCall then fitz will need to make other changes like two offensive coordinators or changing out something. Something will have to give because im not convinced that fitz will be able to keep players who have to sweat their balls and bust their ass for this offensive mickey mouse bullshit. I hope im wrong but who can blame them if someone taps out?

If we may never have proof one way or the other, where do you get off saying Long has great hands? Based on what?

you single handedly destroyed tos. And you purposely stole email addresses and misrepresenting identities. And after the identity theft, tos sent me all kinds of threats and i had no idea what they were talking about. the carpetbagger was you and God only knows how many other handles. In a twisted way i found it extremely humorous afterwards. But im not misrepresenting your history of multiple handles.

I have to defend my good friend, Gladeskat. TOS was destroyed by bad publishers! The first guy was a real carpetbagger and didn't know anything about NU. The next guy rejuvenated it and ran off to Purdue only to come back with an NU site for 24/7. The last guy was an undergrad who was savaged by Gladeskat, Gocatsgo, and even MR. Then you went over there and bombed it with silly posts. No wonder that site died.

As a historian of NU websites and fora, I believe that Gladeskat has had at most three handles here and none of them was simultaneous--and not because he was banned from using any of them, either. He has used other handles on TOS, but why is that relevant to this site?

So another nonsensical non sequitur eh?

If we may never have proof one way or the other, where do you get off saying Long has great hands? Based on what?
ive never seen him drop a ball. The guy looked smooth catching passes last year against notre dame and catches everything. He has only lost one fumble.....if that. Why are we discussing this? Embrace long.

Story about 60% correct.

Come on, Turk, the people who destroyed that board were: 1) Coach Roy, 2) the moderator after him named David Vranicar (aka the Carpetbagger because he was a Kansas fan who didn't care about NU athletics. I later found out HE WAS IN FRICKING CHINA TEACHING SCHOOL AT THE TIME!), and 3) globalcatgonewild. The first two neglected the board and provided nothing of interest to read aside from wisdom derived from Pee Wee football (LOL!), and the third regularly attacked our players, recruits, coaches and even recruit's parents. Many people complained about the poor coverage and left, and Midvale and I were tossed because we also complained about globalcat.

How can you say I destroyed TOS when you NEVER VISITED AND POSTED THERE back then! You responded to a "welcome" email and decided to sign up for a membership, remember! TOS was pissed at you, thinking you were The Carpetcleaner (my handle for one night of Gladesbombing), but they never threatened you with anything other than a ban. Provide evidence otherwise! Keep in mind that I just might have a forwarded email or two from Scout (hilarious!). I shouldn't have used your email address (I had hundreds of others from spammers, old girl friends, etc). it just popped into my head and I had no intention of getting you in trouble with TOS! Trust me on this. I was concerned when you ran into difficulty because it was unintended, but I have to admit the situation became hilarious! TOS people, including the Carpetbagger, were idiots not to figure out the problem with their sign up security.

That was over 5 years ago and in response to a horrible moderator who supported an NU program "terrorist". Once Chris Emma took over, he quickly banned Globalcat, and despite your false accusations, Emma WANTED Midvale and I to return to TOS (I also have emails that attest to that fact). We were reinstated and the board came back to life again with Chris Emma's excellent reporting until he left for the Purdue and other jobs.

I have not created any additional handles there since (I did have a few old handles like "ECatsOSUBoss" that I used occasionally to tease posters). I have NEVER created an extra handle at Rivals (besides being forced to change "Gladescat" to "Gladeskat" due to a Rivals computer glitch). NEVER! How many times do I have to repeat this before it sinks into your head and you stop accusing me of being someone who would hurt you and MidvaleDave? Sheesh! Now you say I'm a "shill", have multiple handles on Rivals, am in collusion with others on the board to gang up on you, and a half dozen other ridiculous "crimes"? WTF?

Last edited:
Is th

Would that be a good thing? Something tells me that it's an insult.

LOL! Maybe it's your memory telling you this. It's not an insult, it's who you are. You're easy to spot because you have a distinctive style and write interesting posts up until the usual right wing folks write something dumb, sexist, or political and then you start throwing acid at them. I see you've interacted with these posters already since your return. It's great entertainment, IMO. The moderators apparently disagree.

Last edited:
Story about 60% correct.

Come on, Turk, the people who destroyed that board were: 1) Coach Roy, 2) the moderator after him named David Vranicar (aka the Carpetbagger because he was a Kansas fan who didn't care about NU athletics. I later found out HE WAS IN FRICKING CHINA TEACHING SCHOOL AT THE TIME!), and 3) globalcatgonewild. The first two neglected the board and provided nothing of interest to read aside from wisdom derived from Pee Wee football (LOL!), and the third regularly attacked our players, recruits, coaches and even recruit's parents. Many people complained about the poor coverage and left, and Midvale and I were tossed because we also complained about globalcat.

How can you say I destroyed TOS when you NEVER VISITED AND POSTED THERE back then! You responded to a "welcome" email and decided to sign up for a membership, remember! TOS was pissed at you, thinking you were The Carpetcleaner (my handle for one night of Gladesbombing), but they never threatened you with anything other than a ban. Provide evidence otherwise! Keep in mind that I just might have a forwarded email or two from Scout (hilarious!). I shouldn't have used your email address (I had hundreds of others from spammers, old girl friends, etc). it just popped into my head and I had no intention of getting you in trouble with TOS! Trust me on this. I was concerned when you ran into difficulty because it was unintended, but I have to admit the situation became hilarious! TOS people, including the Carpetbagger, were idiots not to figure out the problem with their sign up security.

That was over 5 years ago and in response to a horrible moderator who supported an NU program "terrorist". Once Chris Emma took over, he quickly banned Globalcat, and despite your false accusations, Emma WANTED Midvale and I to return to TOS (I also have emails that attest to that fact). We were reinstated and the board came back to life again with Chris Emma's excellent reporting until he left for the Purdue and other jobs.

I have not created any additional handles there since (I did have a few old handles like "ECatsOSUBoss" that I used occasionally to tease posters). I have NEVER created an extra handle at Rivals (besides being forced to change "Gladescat" to "Gladeskat" due to a Rivals computer glitch). NEVER! How many times do I have to repeat this before it sinks into your head and you stop accusing me of being someone who would hurt you and MidvaleDave? Sheesh! Now you say I'm a "shill", have multiple handles on Rivals, am in collusion with others on the board to gang up on you, and a half dozen other ridiculous "crimes"? WTF?

Also, just after that Emma asked me if I would serve as a moderator on the Scout board. Another regular poster on this board, I will not mention his name unless he tells me it's OK, was assisting there as a part-time moderator. He needed more help, and more important he was trying to increase the board traffic. It was very clear that he wanted Glades and Midvale posting over there, as they would increase traffic. Emma and I had already swapped many emails, and I thought he was a pretty nice guy who was trying to revive that site. The problem was that he told me that he wanted me to start posting regularly on that board and encouraging people from here to start posting over there. I told him that I have been very involved in this board for about 15 years and had met many people from this community, And I felt that doing what he wanted was a conflict of interest. So I declined his offer . Implying that Glades and Midvale were not wanted there is nonsense, because Emma was dying to do anything to increase the activity on that board. Getting rid of global cat was part of it .

Also, just after that Emma asked me if I would serve as a moderator on the Scout board. Another regular poster on this board, I will not mention his name unless he tells me it's OK, was assisting there as a part-time moderator. He needed more help, and more important he was trying to increase the board traffic. It was very clear that he wanted Glades and Midvale posting over there, as they would increase traffic. Emma and I had already swapped many emails, and I thought he was a pretty nice guy who was trying to revive that site. The problem was that he told me that he wanted me to start posting regularly on that board and encouraging people from here to start posting over there. I told him that I have been very involved in this board for about 15 years and had met many people from this community, And I felt that doing what he wanted was a conflict of interest. So I declined his offer . Implying that Glades and Midvale were not wanted there is nonsense, because Emma was dying to do anything to increase the activity on that board. Getting rid of global cat was part of it .

FWIW, Emma reached out to me privately and asked about Glades and Midvale (amongst other things). I told him they were utter buffoons, but they were NU fans whose bark was worse than their bite and not to boot them, even though Glades did Gladesbomb(TM) that board more times than the US Military hit Vietnam (that's a fricking lot, look it up). Then again, I also suggested he not ban GlobalCat, but poof - he be gone. So much for my influence. He also gave me a Scout pass for life (I kid you not) since I talked up the Scout board a bit when he was starting out, which I subsequently lost when that kid who took over showed he was an Indian giver amongst other things. Damn you Scout.

Just stop. Why is anyone that disagrees with you a Pollyanna. Enough already, no one is worried about who the 3rd RB is when we have all kinds of other O problems.

A. Where did he mention Pollyanna?
B. What should we discuss? Politics? the 95 team? The Bears? What would you prefer? Or should the Board go dark during this cold, boring offseason - pretty sure Lou's bosses won't like that... So what do you have to offer PPD? Start a meaningful thread, let's watch the view and reply count. I know - you don't care. Rivals does. And some of us enjoy having something to debate? Otherwise I would just google for cute pictures of fluffy animals everyday.

So when a walk-on of diminutive stature contributes in practice and on ST, is it a sign of roster depth, or lack of depth? I tend to think of it as the former, and a sign of good recruiting.

What kinda sign do you get from having one of the worst O's in college football?

2) On the flipside, want to wager the average height of the "studs" you listed? Putting aside the fact that calling Acker a "stud" is kind of silly, Roberts, Anderson, Acker, Shuler, and Vault are probably all 5-11 on their best day and 5-9 on their worst. There has to be a middle ground of size/speed combinations.

Not sure I understand the height part. A couple of our best hopes at WR (nagel, roberts) are under 6'. Of course the NFL is littered with examples of excellent yet small WRs. If a guy has wheels, can catch, maybe cut or run a route, does size matter. Especially vs a taller guy that can't catch or get separation?

Auston Anderson is build like a fire hydrant. Name one receiver who's ever been effective at 5'9'' (maybe), 190 lbs? This even being mentioned as a possibility is mind bottling

Antonio Brown
Randall Cobb
Golden Tate
Julian Edelman

So you want to regularly roll with 22 personnel, making it even easier for a team to stack the box and stop the one thing that actually worked in our offense (the run game)?

No run out a bunch of WRs that don't need to be covered. BTW, JJ seems to break tackles. How about a FB, SB or RB as a lead blocker or diversion? Another TE to create another potential gap to defend?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT