ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING BREAKING: Caleb Komolafe decommits from Northwestern

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Running back Caleb Komolafe has decommitted from Northwestern because he did not get admitted to the school.

The two-star prospect from Katy (Texas) Tompkins just committed to the Wildcat program last Thursday, four days after an official visit to Evanston. However, Northwestern's admissions office felt that his class rank wasn't high enough to be admitted academically.

"I’m 100% open again," said Komolafe by text message this morning. "There was an issue with admissions where they said my class rank wasn’t high enough but my GPA and SAT met the requirements."

Komolafe said he had a 3.35 GPA and 1100 SAT.

Komolafe is the second decommitment for Northwestern this week. Three-star defensive end Mason Robinson announced his decommitment on Monday and has since flipped to Penn State.

A former Memphis commit, Komolafe ran for 895 yards and a team-high 15 touchdowns for Tompkins last season, according to MaxPreps.com. He averaged an impressive 9.6 yards per carry. He added 80 yards on kick returns and 64 tackles as a safety on defense.

Northwestern's 2023 class is now down to 18 commitments. It is ranked 33rd in the nation by Rivals, which would be the highest ranking of head coach Pat Fitzgerald's 17-year tenure.

The early signing period for 2023 prospects begins next Wednesday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News