ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Jalen Leach commits to Northwestern as a grad transfer

I really love this.

Good assist ratio. Excellent percentage on two-point shots. Good three point shooter. His team won a bunch.

Outside of Mr. Harvard, this is the guy I like best in the portal.

I’m excited to see some JalenJams in addition to those NicholBombs that he’s no doubt salivated over on film.

Needed this. Wonder if he will transfer in for spring quarter or start playing w the guys over the summer.

I hope he's able to step up from the MAAC to the B1G level of competition. Did he run point frequently? It reads like he was SG most often, and sometimes handled point.

Reactions: GrandRapidsCatFan
Lots of flexibility for CCC now with Zleach, Berry, Mullins, barnhizer, smith, and Martinelli on wings/guard. If Jordan and Blakey can develop plus the fresh coming in, together adds further options. Lots of depth.

Now need one more Big man.

I think this dude might be a piece. But based on the growing pains of Mullins from a comparable league, I don’t think that he will be a huge difference maker.

I think this dude might be a piece. But based on the growing pains of Mullins from a comparable league, I don’t think that he will be a huge difference maker.
Pretty bad take imo.

Mullins was able to compete in lower-level college ball as a true freshman. That’s all we really knew, and there was interest in playing closer to home. Not super surprising he had struggles.

Leach is “old” and a first-team conference player. Adds a veteran presence to the starting lineup, close to a plug-and-play for Langborg.

Big time get. Even if no other top targets pan out we have Leach-Berry-Barnhizer-Martinelli-Nicholson as a starting five. All with multiple years of experience. Very good.

I honestly hope he pans out, plays well, and has a great final season for him and for NU.

I always have concerns, especially this early, because we can't tell until the rubber meets the conference road where the new player will end up along the Langborg/Verhoeven/Spencer/Preston/Taylor spectrum.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT