ADVERTISEMENT

Brumbaugh To Texas

Quote: “I’m a winner and want to be part of a winning basketball culture.”

From Lou's earlier piece:

"I've always been the type of kid who has thought for myself, who always went against the typical or 'right' way, and maybe not picked the coolest or the sexiest place," he told WildcatReport.

"I'm going to bet on myself. I have a real opportunity to change and lead a program, and do things that the program has never done before."

Wow. Certainly changed his tune, eh?

"I've always been the type of kid who has thought for myself, who always went against the typical or 'right' way, and maybe not picked the coolest or the sexiest place," he told WildcatReport.

"I'm going to bet on myself. I have a real opportunity to change and lead a program, and do things that the program has never done before."

Money talks. Brumbaugh walks.

Maybe he is seeing that Nance might have beat him to it...

Kids are kids. Best not to read too much into these things.

Reactions: Dugan15
Kids are kids. Best not to read too much into these things.
It’s like any job interview. If you’re asked why a company is interesting to you, you just regurgitate what they tell you is good about the company. The thing about NU recruits is that they’re not dummies.

Pretty shocked by Brumbaugh, but I hope he makes the final four and loses to NU four times.

Maybe he is interested in petroleum engineering? Sarcasm. If interested in some serious barbeque brisket, however, he made a fantastic decision.
It depends on what is important to him (and we can only guess what that is). It doesn't really matter what we think

UT & Austin are pretty darn good.
Better team
Better fan base
Better girls
Better weather
More fun

Where would you go if athletics were you’re priority ?

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Quote: “I’m a winner and want to be part of a winning basketball culture.”

If Brumbaugh were truly a winner, he should be confident that he could win in Evanston due to what he brings to the table, but seems like he's more of riding the tailcoats kind of guy, despite what he had said earlier.

Is Texas really the better choice tho?
I think Beard is a better Coach Chris than Collins.

Texas just ran away from Va Tech, who was the ACC’s version of Iowa (popular Cinderella pick, lots of three pointers, shut down in round one).

Beard has lots of upside.

If Brumbaugh were truly a winner, he should be confident that he could win in Evanston due to what he brings to the table, but seems like he's more of riding the tailcoats kind of guy, despite what he had said earlier.
Not how it works. Winners will do anything to win, do you blame him for picking the winning program over the losing program?

Reactions: all4theillini

Texas just ran away from Va Tech, who was the ACC’s version of Iowa (popular Cinderella pick, lots of three pointers, shut down in round one).

You think???

It's possible, but his coaching led to the same amount of victories against Purdue as NU had this year, and he has the benefit of recruiting for freaking Texas.

Reactions: No Chores
All Conference pg Tyrese Hunter of Iowa St, just announced transfer to Texas, who will be stacked at pg next year.

All Conference pg Tyrese Hunter of Iowa St, just announced transfer to Texas, who will be stacked at pg next year.
I saw that and had the same thought. Rowan better be ready to lace 'em up and compete. The have another 5* G recruit as well.....

UT & Austin are pretty darn good.
Better team
Better fan base
Better girls
Better weather
More fun

Where would you go if athletics were you’re priority ?
maybe Milwaukee or Cleveland or Minneapolis. Austin really isn't much of a town. Oh but they do have the LBJ library, right?

maybe Milwaukee or Cleveland or Minneapolis. Austin really isn't much of a town. Oh but they do have the LBJ library, right?
Sorry but Austin is a great city and really good college town. Three of Therese's nieces and nephews recently moved down there

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Sorry but Austin is a great city and really good college town. Three of Therese's nieces and nephews recently moved down there
willycat was being facetious about Austin, which is too large to be considered a college town, by the way.
Its the only place I'd consider living in that otherwise backward-ass state.
Although I do like San Antonio.

willycat was being facetious about Austin, which is too large to be considered a college town, by the way.
Its the only place I'd consider living in that otherwise backward-ass state.
Although I do like San Antonio.
Wrong. My daughter and her family live at Cinco Ranch in Katy, which is fabulous. As you point out, San Antonio is excellent as well. The Museum Campus in Houston near Rice University the zoo and probably the best concentration of hospitals in the world is also excellent. You need to get out and about a bit more.

I love it when people say "You're wrong" but don't bother to point out why.
I merely expressed my opinion based on my traveling experiences.
I've set foot in 48 states and many countries in Europe.
No way in hell am I moving to Texas.
The state is run by morons, supported by the populace.

Get rid of Cruz, Abbott and Cornyn and I'll think about reconsidering.
I did point out why, you just don't listen and instead tried to turn this into some sort of political diatribe. Really glad my grandchildren are in Katy where they've been been in school 5 days a week since August of 2020 in highly rated schools. Lots of really nice people in Texas, so I hope you don't reconsider. ;)

Don't confuse conservatism with imposing one's will on the citizenry.
A lot of self-described conservatives don't really know what the term means.
Sorry, I have no interest in responding to your political baloney. The Rant Board is gone. NU sports and fishing are the only subjects available for discussion here. Are you a fisherman? ;)

Sorry, I have no interest in responding to your political baloney. The Rant Board is gone. NU sports and fishing are the only subjects available for discussion here. Are you a fisherman? ;)
Actually yes. Just not as much as I was before I got married.

Why stop now? You already ranted in the same silly fashion as PWB. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT