ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Johnson's 'contagious' leadership spreads through wide receivers room

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021

I talked to Cam Johnson after Tuesday's practice about his start to the season as Northwestern's receiving leader. Check out this profile about his process, his leadership style and his goals for the rest of the season in this WildcatReport premium story.

Maybe NU should focus recruiting on players named Cam going forward. Johnson, Porter and Mitchell have all seemed to me to be very solid players. I the common name must be causal.
Interesting hypothesis. Let's take it further. WR Cam Dickerson was a pretty good player for the Cats. LB Cam Queiro was a medical DQ early in his career, so he gets an NA. OL Cam Kolwich, however, didn't make an impact at all. Still, four out of five is a pretty good hit rate. Any other Cams we can think of?

Interesting hypothesis. Let's take it further. WR Cam Dickerson was a pretty good player for the Cats. LB Cam Queiro was a medical DQ early in his career, so he gets an NA. OL Cam Kolwich, however, didn't make an impact at all. Still, four out of five is a pretty good hit rate. Any other Cams we can think of?
Cam Green, Cam Joplin, Cam Ruiz?

Maybe NU should focus recruiting on players named Cam going forward. Johnson, Porter and Mitchell have all seemed to me to be very solid players. I the common name must be causal.
Fun game!

Do we only included the abbreviated version, Cam? Or only those with the given name “Cameron”?

Campbell Black could have gone by Cam.

Reactions: NUCat320
Cam Green, who came in a s a WR, was a stud once they moved him to TE. DB Cam Ruiz was a versatile guy who had a pretty good career. TE Cam Joplin didn't do much of anything but was Fitz's first commit, I remember that.

Still a pretty good track record.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT