ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Pardon

CatJones

Nov 30, 2013
I have watched most of the games this year and have been consistently impressed with Dererk Pardon, both as a player and a person. He continually encourages teammates, helps them focus when things don't go well, and most importantly leads by example. Case in point: Another NU player was upset with a call and placed the ball down on the floor, leaving it for the ref to pick up. Derek ran over, picked up the ball and tossed it to the ref- a small example, but I think one that reflects his strong character. I know none of these players personally, but from what I've seen I'm proud Dererk is wearing the purple and white.

Great example, CJ!! I saw that exact moment and I thought the same thing. However, I saw it a tad differently. Both Law and Pardon ran over to the ball, somewhat in disgust and minimally ashamed. Pardon arrived first.

The other point I'd add is CJ's unnamed player (awfully generous of you, CJ) obviously did this as a protest to the call - the almost ball slam that ends in a soft placement on the floor, but forces the ref to play "fetch."

Right at that moment, you can see who is beginning to take responsibility for this team.

Reactions: Dugan15
DP will be our leader next year. He’s the hardest worker on the team and it seems that he has the respect of his teammates.

Pardon will benefit from this year. He's hardwired the data into his DNA. Next year is his last. He'll line up the frosh, have them indoctrinated by Independence Day. They'll be in mid-season shape by the end of July. They'll show up for class with grey skin because the spent the entire summer in the film room and gym. Come labor day, the rock will be pebbles. He knows exactly what he has to do. God help the player that wants to take a day off and go to the beach.

Reactions: Inovacat
He gives 110% at both ends of the court. He plays with great intensity and desire. He is the teams MVP this year and will make a great captain next year.

On top of everything else, he seems to like Coach Collins a lot. Saw a post-game interview with the two of them a few weeks ago and you can just tell from the body language and chemistry that they're on the same page. Can't say that about everybody.

Unlike the person who ran the seemingly now defunct TOS, was really high on Pardon's potential when he signed and couldn't be more delighted in the kind of collegiate player he turned out to be, even more so the mental/character aspect and how he carries himself (rather than the play on the court).

Couldn't have a better representative when it comes to being immortalized in NU BB history (same goes for Tap - who worked hard, didn't complain about his playing time and made the most of his time on the court).

Reactions: Gladeskat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT