ADVERTISEMENT

Ciaravino

He scored 34 points for Mt. Carmel tonight to lead them to their first Sectional title since 2008. He needs to get stronger but he’s got a really high ceiling. The other recruit from Ben Davis looks like he can contribute right away. Small but exciting recruiting class.
6'5 and 175. In a couple of year, he might be Brooks size

Last I saw he needs to work on his shooting form but he is really athletic and I think he’ll be a good one. I watched some recent tape of Windham and he’s impressive.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Great story here about K.J. Windham. We snagged a couple excellent ones.

Thanks for posting.

I can’t imagine how proud his mom is. Amazing family.

Ben Davis is going through some rough times as a school. It is dead last in graduation rate in the Indy area. I am sure the numbers are not exact but from memory, the top schools are around 97-99%. Ben Davis is in the low 50’s and the next worst is almost 30% above.

I know this because my kids’ school is in the same area and sends info in newsletters about this. Ben Davis saw its graduation go down badly post-COVID. It coincided with school of choice and parents who could took their kids elsewhere.

Through this KJ is going to Northwestern . I am sure mom and dad are super proud.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing this story. They sound like a family that would be really good to be friends with. Looking forward to watching his game, and he and Martinelli can bond on their left-handed shooting.

Agreed! Checked out KJ's Verbal Commit's page, and I'm fascinated that NU was his only major program offer. I'm hoping he ends up like another overlooked Indiana HS'er like Brooks Barnhizer, in which IU and PU folks will wonder how they missed out on him. Also, checking out his twitter feed highlights - dude has some serious range.

Meanwhile, per Angelo's verbal commit's page, he was offered by Stanford and Nebraska. And he's been earning plaudits (such as Chicago Catholic League MVP). Either way, I love how both of these guys seem to be tailor made for the "Pound The Rock" culture here.

Agreed! Checked out KJ's Verbal Commit's page, and I'm fascinated that NU was his only major program offer. I'm hoping he ends up like another overlooked Indiana HS'er like Brooks Barnhizer, in which IU and PU folks will wonder how they missed out on him. Also, checking out his twitter feed highlights - dude has some serious range.

Meanwhile, per Angelo's verbal commit's page, he was offered by Stanford and Nebraska. And he's been earning plaudits (such as Chicago Catholic League MVP). Either way, I love how both of these guys seem to be tailor made for the "Pound The Rock" culture here.
Both seem like good fits.

Windham seems like a bit more of a developmental prospect, though he’s the top player on one of the best teams in the state. Sectional final tonight at 7.

(The other Ben Davis player mentioned in that article, Mark Zackery, is a top 2025 CB prospect with offers from ND, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and Northwestern.)

Reactions: GatoLouco
Both seem like good fits.

Windham seems like a bit more of a developmental prospect, though he’s the top player on one of the best teams in the state. Sectional final tonight at 7.

(The other Ben Davis player mentioned in that article, Mark Zackery, is a top 2025 CB prospect with offers from ND, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and Northwestern.)
Ben Davis 50 Indianapolis Roncalli 32.

He scored 34 points for Mt. Carmel tonight to lead them to their first Sectional title since 2008. He needs to get stronger but he’s got a really high ceiling. The other recruit from Ben Davis looks like he can contribute right away. Small but exciting recruiting class.
Mt. Carmel advanced downstate. He had 17 points and a dunk to seal a win in overtime. I have only seen highlights but he appears to have a pretty well rounded game in addition to hops we don’t usually see. He and Mullins could have a pretty good dunk contest. I don’t know how his handle is but he looks to be a good passer. Supposed to be a gym rat so hopefully he continues to develop his game once he gets here.

Mt. Carmel advanced downstate. He had 17 points and a dunk to seal a win in overtime. I have only seen highlights but he appears to have a pretty well rounded game in addition to hops we don’t usually see. He and Mullins could have a pretty good dunk contest. I don’t know how his handle is but he looks to be a good passer. Supposed to be a gym rat so hopefully he continues to develop his game once he gets here.
St.Pats crimped his style a little with a 1-3-1 zone.. He is quick with the ball...His first half was not so hot..missed a lot of shots...but winners continue to battle...

Really good player. Single-handedly kept Mount Carmel in the championship game against DePaul College Prep even though they came up short. Had 24 of the 41 points with six 3’s and a great athletic block above the rim where he pinned the ball against the backboard and also came down with it.

You can tell he’s a smart player also, directing traffic etc. Good get for NU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT