ADVERTISEMENT

Corbi296, what's your take on our Illinois signings?

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
I can get the general reviews online but I know you have more specific things to say about the Illinois high school scene [our very own Edgy Tim]. What can you say about our 4 or 5 Illinois players?

They certainly finished off better than they have in the past but I still think Ilinois' recruiting strategy consists of going to get the highest rated recruit you can possibly get with very little thought on how to build a team/roster. The JUCO route seems to be an increasingly bigger part of their classes and most of those guys seem to end up being more trouble than they are worth. The Illinois recruits are actually a pretty nice group. I think the DL Milan could be very good if he gets good coaching and the same goes for the OL Megginson. The QB does not excite but the other couple of guys are pretty good athletes that should end up as contributors on the field. None of them received NU offers although a few probably would have if not for the academics. I still don't see Beckman there for long. He bought himself some time last year but I think that is still a sinking ship and it would not surprise me if they regress next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT