ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
What an environment this afternoon. Had to have been 80-90% NU fans. Even the Wilson section was full. Students were great but even the old folks (like me) were on their feet many times. What a difference from the McGraw Hall I remember as a freshman in 1974, watching Billy on the Kansas State floor with the dirt floor around the arena.

What an environment this afternoon. Had to have been 80-90% NU fans. Even the Wilson section was full. Students were great but even the old folks (like me) were on their feet many times. What a difference from the McGraw Hall I remember as a freshman in 1974, watching Billy on the Kansas State floor with the dirt floor around the arena.

If I am not mistaken, didn't McGaw have a dirt floor at one time? I believe I recall walking in under the stands through a small tunnel built to shield runners on a mini-track under the stands. Plus there was a batting cage and/or pitching mound in the same area. Don't know. All the arenas I visited are getting jumbled up. I believe the University of Missouri had a dump when Norm Stewart first started coaching and Kansas State had a small, fortress style barn.

Reactions: EagerFan and DaCat
If I am not mistaken, didn't McGaw have a dirt floor at one time? I believe I recall walking in under the stands through a small tunnel built to shield runners on a mini-track under the stands. Plus there was a batting cage and/or pitching mound in the same area. Don't know. All the arenas I visited are getting jumbled up. I believe the University of Missouri had a dump when Norm Stewart first started coaching and Kansas State had a small, fortress style barn.
We always used to wait until the "crowds" cleared the stands before leaving McGaw. Trying to walk through the lung choking dust clouds was brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT