ADVERTISEMENT

Deakin sighting?

NorthNJCatsfan

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2015
Where is he? MIA for much of the season.

It would be a shame from him to have returned for a final year in order to take care of unfinished business and then not be able to compete.

I was going to watch NU v I’ll. as for first time in long time we had NU Wrestling on BTN where I live……and blizzard knocked out cable and internet.

• Sad
Reactions: mountaindrew
NU lineup has some holes but one overmatched wrestler fought like hell to prevent a major decision and did so. 2 pins and a tech fall were the keys to victory

Reactions: hlstone
Just curious. I have not seen Deakin wrestle, but I believe he's one of the most accomplished NU wrestlers in recent decades - is that accurate? I watched Jake Herbert a few times... he was so incredible, I would call him one of the greatest individual athletes I've ever watched in any sport in my lifetime. That's how dominant and OMG skilled he was.

For the wrestling crowd: how does Deakin compare to Herbert?

Just curious. I have not seen Deakin wrestle, but I believe he's one of the most accomplished NU wrestlers in recent decades - is that accurate? I watched Jake Herbert a few times... he was so incredible, I would call him one of the greatest individual athletes I've ever watched in any sport in my lifetime. That's how dominant and OMG skilled he was.

For the wrestling crowd: how does Deakin compare to Herbert?
Herbert was a two time ncaa champ and finished 1,1,2 and 3rd! Certainly the best wrestler in NU history! Deakin is not at that level. Herbert completely dominated people! Deakin is certainly amazing and a top 5-7 of all time depending on what he does this year! By the way, Sebastian Rivera is doing amazing too! He may win a title this year for Rutgers!

Herbert was a two time ncaa champ and finished 1,1,2 and 3rd! Certainly the best wrestler in NU history! Deakin is not at that level. Herbert completely dominated people! Deakin is certainly amazing and a top 5-7 of all time depending on what he does this year! By the way, Sebastian Rivera is doing amazing too! He may win a title this year for Rutgers!

Wait, did I miss another Wrassler reincarnation??

Is Wrestling is the only NU men‘s sport that is regularly, year in and year out. ranked in the top 25?

Rivera is the most dominant wrestler in college rights now with a 21-0 record with 20 techs!

Not all is well for Rivera. He had knee surgery last week. He is seeded 3rd for the Big 10's on Saturday. People are saying that he will give it a go and compete for the title at 141lbs. I think he will injury default his first match to rest his knee for the NCAA championships

Reactions: Titanium999
Not all is well for Rivera. He had knee surgery last week. He is seeded 3rd for the Big 10's on Saturday. People are saying that he will give it a go and compete for the title at 141lbs. I think he will injury default his first match to rest his knee for the NCAA championships
Unfortunately, you are correct! Sad news as he was wrestling great! Our 141 lber, Frankie Tal Shair is wrestling amazing as a frost and is currently ranked 25th in the country! Big Ten Championship is on tv this weekend on Big Ten Network!

What a shame. 21-0 with 20 techs? That's an insane record in the best league in college wrestling.

A dominant match…..after he got off his back in the 1st. A little nervous there remembering last year’s semis…

Time to take care of business. This might be a featured match tonight. Wrestling pantheon legacy kid vs. 3x B1G Champ…and Smart school showdown between NU and Princeton.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
A dominant match…..after he got off his back in the 1st. A little nervous there remembering last year’s semis…

Time to take care of business. This might be a featured match tonight. Wrestling pantheon legacy kid vs. 3x B1G Champ…and Smart school showdown between NU and Princeton.
Excellent chance to win an ncaa title! Sebastian Rivera would not have made much of a difference. Maybe we get 5th instead of 6th? Not sure. We have an excellent 41lber Frankie Tal Shier who is only a frosh! He almost placed AA . Just a bit short! We have an excellent roster!

I wonder if Thomas was injured; a somewhat disappointing tournament for him, albeit in a tough weight class.
BTW, bad decision by the coaches in Davison’s last match. He should have kept the UM guy down as long as possible to further tire him out, then get him in OT. The UM kids was smart and realized Davison was expecting thst he would wrestle defensively and so he shot quickly and caught Davison off guard. Good tournament for Davison in any case.

As regards Seabass, he gave NU a nice shout out in his post match interview.

I wonder if Thomas was injured; a somewhat disappointing tournament for him, albeit in a tough weight class.
BTW, bad decision by the coaches in Davison’s last match. He should have kept the UM guy down as long as possible to further tire him out, then get him in OT. The UM kids was smart and realized Davison was expecting thst he would wrestle defensively and so he shot quickly and caught Davison off guard. Good tournament for Davison in any case.

As regards Seabass, he gave NU a nice shout out in his post match interview.
Davison has vastly improved! He only lost by a point to the kid who took third!

Reactions: mountaindrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT