ADVERTISEMENT

Deakin sighting?

Congratulations 🎉 🥊🥊🥊🥊🥊🎸🎸🎸🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Wrassler, I don't know my NU wrestling NCAA tournament history. When is the last time we had this good a tournament - had four AAs, one champion, and finished as high as 6th?

Reactions: Titanium999
Wrassler, I don't know my NU wrestling NCAA tournament history. When is the last time we had this good a tournament - had four AAs, one champion, and finished as high as 6th?
We took fourth with Jack Griffin in 1990 when he was an ncaa champ and Brad Traviola took second! Brad is a super guy who was deputy BT Commissioner!
If Rivera didn’t transfer and Lucas didn’t lose by a point to Jordan Wood this weekend, we would have been fourth again! Lucas Davison looks like NCAA champ material. We have several tough guys who can step in next year including Max Mayfield !
Another top ten next year too!

We took fourth with Jack Griffin in 1990 when he was an ncaa champ and Brad Traviola took second! Brad is a super guy who was deputy BT Commissioner!
If Rivera didn’t transfer and Lucas didn’t lose by a point to Jordan Wood this weekend, we would have been fourth again! Lucas Davison looks like NCAA champ material. We have several tough guys who can step in next year including Max Mayfield !
Another top ten next year too!

Gotta imagine recruiting will continue to be at a high level. Perfect sport for NU as these guys seem to truly value the NU degree with no real professional aspirations in the sport after college.

Reactions: No Chores
We had a top 5 finish when Jake Herbert, Dustin Fox, and other dominated one year IIRC.

But have we ever had all 10 classes represented at the championship?

Reactions: Titanium999
Can you score back points when you are not in “control”of your opponent. I did not see a takedown before back points were scored. Deakin gained full control later. I must admit that despite watching college wrestling forever, I don’t know the rules well

We had a top 5 finish when Jake Herbert, Dustin Fox, and other dominated one year IIRC.

But have we ever had all 10 classes represented at the championship?
Ryan Lang was on that team with Johnny Velez!
Can you score back points when you are not in “control”of your opponent. I did not see a takedown before back points were scored. Deakin gained full control later. I must admit that despite watching college wrestling forever, I don’t know the rules well
Deakin had control of his wrists! Really cool move to win the title!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT