ADVERTISEMENT

Duke @ Northwestern Open Thread

I like that they have installed what appears to be a dark grey ice rink around the field, that seems safe.

Wow No. 1: what the hell was with the last 35 seconds there, Fitz?

Wow No. 2: Mitchell

A little touch please

Are you kidding me? That ball needs to be caught as did the one before dropped by Nagel. You don't lob balls into the middle of the field unless you want them intercepted.

Thorson firing bullets is what prevented a few INTs last season, but is also preventing a few completions - needs to learn to take a bit off from time to time.

Even when the Dookies do all they can to help, the 'Cats can't cash it in.

Would have been nice to get those 3 extra points, but have to be OK with not giving the ball back. Pretty evenly played game this first half.

Painful to watch. Just had the sinking feeling Mitchell would miss that FG.

Yes painful to see Jack miss the 2nd attempt esp after the first miss was on target but short. We left some to's on the board. Wished we had made a bolder attempt at using to's and trying to score a td. Very disappointing after a nice initial drive.

Are you kidding me? That ball needs to be caught as did the one before dropped by Nagel. You don't lob balls into the middle of the field unless you want them intercepted.

Which drop u mean the one where there was illegal hands to face so it didn't matter anyway
I never said lob it take a little off. If ur gonna throw a missle then hit him in chest not high and outside Tough catch

Yes painful to see Jack miss the 2nd attempt esp after the first miss was on target but short. We left some to's on the board. Wished we had made a bolder attempt at using to's and trying to score a td. Very disappointing after a nice initial drive.

Jack gave us a great win at ND in 2014 and a win over PSU last year. Other than that...not so much.

Sobering stat: Justin Jackson netted two yards on eight carries in the second quarter. Think they're keying on No. 21 at all?

Can see them loading box and keying on him. Can we pass vertically when they do that even with a quick slant.

Which drop u mean the one where there was illegal hands to face so it didn't matter anyway
I never said lob it take a little off. If ur gonna throw a missle then hit him in chest not high and outside Tough catch

You get both hands on the ball, you have to catch it. Period. Yes, I was referring o the Nagel drop. The penalty would have brought it back but Nagel didn't know that at the time. Just illustrates how little help our QB is getting. With as many WRs we shuttle in and out, why are Carr and Nagel the only guys with multiple catches? No one else can get open!

I have no problem with the clock management. The goal was to get it close enough for a decent shot at a field goal. The goal was not to take risky passes downfield that would take us out of range. Mission accomplished until Mitchell screwed us up.

Jack gave us a great win at ND in 2014 and a win over PSU last year. Other than that...not so much.

Sobering stat: Justin Jackson netted two yards on eight carries in the second quarter. Think they're keying on No. 21 at all?
Lou- you know I am as big a fan of Jack's on the board because he is a local guy here from Torrey Pines High not too far from me. Jack still does a nice job on kickoffs but he has been unsteady kicking fg's. Wonder if Fitz would make a change?

Man, Walker has gone from a very, very good linebacker to a very, very average linebacker.

Lou- you know I am as big a fan of Jack's on the board because he is a local guy here from Torrey Pines High not too far from me. Jack still does a nice job on kickoffs but he has been unsteady kicking fg's. Wonder if Fitz would make a change?

Seriously. A change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, decline to acknowledge.

Just illustrates how little help our QB is getting.

It's still the OL that irks me. There's no rhythm for Thorson at all. Many rushed throws, many hurries and pressures. He literally has no hope back there with a terrible line and dropsies by the WR. For. A. Second. Straight. Year.

Duke is gaining control of both lines of scrimmage. Duke has the momentum. The staff will need to get creative with the play calling if they want to avoid going 0-3. If they stick to the same script we have seen so far, Duke will win the game. Pat, you can't play it safe the rest of the game.

I'll go ahead and point out that walker got more yardage on his fumble return than the offense did on the following series

It's still the OL that irks me. There's no rhythm for Thorson at all. Many rushed throws, many hurries and pressures. He literally has no hope back there with a terrible line and dropsies by the WR. For. A. Second. Straight. Year.

Make that 4 seasons in a row of the same ol', same ol'.

The Dookie are doing everything to hand the game to the 'Cats and the Cats are unable to take advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT