ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Wu and Scott Harrington in top 15 in Koran Ferry finals!

I'm not a golfer but Scott Harrington shot a 9 under par 62 today and is tied for third heading into the final round of the Boise Open.Hope he has a big round tomorrow as he tries to get back on the PGA tour.

I'm not a golfer but Scott Harrington shot a 9 under par 62 today and is tied for third heading into the final round of the Boise Open.Hope he has a big round tomorrow as he tries to get back on the PGA tour.
What a round! 9 under par with a double bogey!

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Korn Ferry tour is named after the company that became the sponsor of the top developmental golf league a couple of years back.It is a L.A. based company that is a consulting firm.Helps in lining up executive talent acquisition organizational strategies and the like.Was involved in college sports in Shaka Smart move to Texas and PatrickEwing to Georgetown.

Reactions: Titanium999
Korn Ferry tour is named after the company that became the sponsor of the top developmental golf league a couple of years back.It is a L.A. based company that is a consulting firm.Helps in lining up executive talent acquisition organizational strategies and the like.Was involved in college sports in Shaka Smart move to Texas and PatrickEwing to Georgetown.

Guess that one went over your head! 🤷‍♂️

It'll be great if Harrington has re-gained a spot on the big PGA tour, but I don't see his name on Korn Ferry's current list of Top 25.

Isn't that the full list of auto-qualifiers? Is there something else?
The tournament was this weekend! He made it! Wu was 26th and didn’t qualify for pga but will be fully exempt next year on KF tour

Not sure if I am correct! Take a look . Maybe something else is up here.

Not sure if I am correct! Take a look . Maybe something else is up here.

I just checked! Basically Scott is all but in with the 200 points he earned this weekend as the last two years the threshold was 196 points! Heck Wu can still make it too

I just checked! Basically Scott is all but in with the 200 points he earned this weekend as the last two years the threshold was 196 points! Heck Wu can still make it too
I dunno. Hope you're right. As I read it, Scott just qualified for a guaranteed place on next year's Korn Ferry tour.

A classy guy. I'll always remember a few years back when his colleagues -- his weekly competitors as "sole entrepreneurs" -- chipped in to a fund to aid in medical expenses for Hamilton's wife who was battling cancer at the time. I hope she's well now.

I dunno. Hope you're right. As I read it, Scott just qualified for a guaranteed place on next year's Korn Ferry tour.

A classy guy. I'll always remember a few years back when his colleagues -- his weekly competitors as "sole entrepreneurs" -- chipped in to a fund to aid in medical expenses for Hamilton's wife who was battling cancer at the time. I hope she's well now.

A story on the current Korn Ferry site describes a battle against cancer. References Jenn Harrington's case and has a picture of Scott. Story also says he's "on the verge" of a PGA tour card next year -- not exactly supporting the confident assurance of Pat Goss. Whom or what to believe? I still don't know.

Unfortunately, this week Harrington missed yesterday's cut by a stroke.

A story on the current Korn Ferry site describes a battle against cancer. References Jenn Harrington's case and has a picture of Scott. Story also says he's "on the verge" of a PGA tour card next year -- not exactly supporting the confident assurance of Pat Goss. Whom or what to believe? I still don't know.

Unfortunately, this week Harrington missed yesterday's cut by a stroke.
Doesn’t matter! He is on pga tour!

My understanding is that the qualifying is a three-tournament process. The 25 top point winners during those tournaments get Tour cards. Harrington’s T4 finish in the first tournament almost guarantees he will have enough points to finish in the top 25. (He missed the cut for the second tournament, and I think he is still in twelfth place with one tourney to go.) Wu made the cut in both tournaments, but did not finish high in either, and is now in 46th place with one tournament to go. If Wu finishes in the top ten he has a good chance of retaining his card. A top 8 finish would almost guarantee it. The final tournament is this weekend.

Just a a clarification, players who finished in the top 25 during the regular K-F season already locked up tour cards. There are any additional 25 cards awarded based on the the three tournament process. Wu’s chances are actually pretty good if he makes the cut this weekend, because I think the 25 cards are given to the top 25 who did not already earn cards during the regular season, and I think there are quite a few of those folks who will be in the top 25 of the three tourney standings.

Just a a clarification, players who finished in the top 25 during the regular K-F season already locked up tour cards. There are any additional 25 cards awarded based on the the three tournament process. Wu’s chances are actually pretty good if he makes the cut this weekend, because I think the 25 cards are given to the top 25 who did not already earn cards during the regular season, and I think there are quite a few of those folks who will be in the top 25 of the three tourney standings.
Cool 😎

Most kind of you, JoeWildcat. As one who first posed the question of Harrington's status, I've been confused until your lucid explanation. Go Scott and Go Cats.

Most kind of you, JoeWildcat. As one who first posed the question of Harrington's status, I've been confused until your lucid explanation. Go Scott and Go Cats.
You are very welcome, Willie. I will be rooting for Scott and Dylan this weekend along with other Cat fans.

You are very welcome, Willie. I will be rooting for Scott and Dylan this weekend along with other Cat fans.
The 3 tournament process goes away after this year. It will be 30 (vs 25) from the entire KF Tour season, inclusive of the final 3 tournaments. There will be automatic qualifiers from Q School again this year, which is exciting, plus 10 qualifiers from Europe.

Hope this does not affect Scott getting his PGA tour card as he bogeyed the 18th hole and missed the cut by 1 stroke today.Dylan did not have a good tourney and finished 3 over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT