ADVERTISEMENT

Eight for Eight

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Alaskawildkat said:
After a decade plus of Alaska Moose Sightings and their bringing of good luck to the Gridiron Wildcats, yesterday morning brought a close encounter of another kind.

It was crazy. I had just had a conversation with an excavator who was doing some work for me and he mentioned that this year was unusual as in his construction work across multiple neighborhoods in my community he had not seen a single bear, when in a typical year he would come across several. He then went on to talk about the other wild animals he ran into in his excavation work and commented that the first one he had encountered when coming to Alaska was a Lynx.

Not more than five minutes later I turned around and there was a Lynx - an Alaska "Wild" Cat within a stone's throwing distance of where I stood. The Lynx is generally a nocturnal animal that hunts its prey out of human sight and makes few public appearances. In fact in my many years in Alaska I have only seen a Lynx in the wild on three occasions, and yesterday's sighting was the third.

Considering the good fortune that Moose Sightings have brought to Northwestern Football in the past, I can only imagine what lies ahead this year for the Wildcats with the appearance of an Alaska "Wild" Cat.

Here are the requisite photographs offering "belief with evidence in expectation of victory:"

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

And for completeness, here is the afore mentioned excavator who was with me at the site to share the sight:

IMG_3353.jpg

Alaskawildkat said:
OK, for those who missed the posting on the Rock, here are photos that include Moose sightings from the past two on campus recruiting weekends that coincided with at least two commits already, and hopefully more to follow.

IMG_8825.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

OK, the official tally for June is in. Lou, in his just posted article, reports that Northwestern has landed 8 commits for the month.

The tally is an exact numerical match for the previously reported and pictured Alaska karma bearing wildlife which made their June appearances:

One Mother Moose and Two Calves made their June Appearance near Portage Glacier
Another Moose made its June Appearance near The Matanuska Glacier
Three Hawks made their appearance as pictured in a prior June Posting
One Alaska "Wildcat" Lynx appeared at the same location as did the Hawks the following June week

Eight for Eight

Not sure what the writing on the wall is for upcoming additions, but here are some scribblings in the sky that appeared this first day of July consequent from vapor trails.

IMG_4498.jpg
IMG_4649_(1).jpg
IMG_4497.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT