ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Feedback from QB camper Jayden Max Denegal

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I traded a few texts with three-star QB Jayden Max Denegal about his experience at Northwestern's camp today. This is what he had to say:

How did the camp go? "It went good. I got to meet all of the coaches and take a little tour after the Camp."

What feedback did you get? "I did well, feedback was I threw the ball very good. I need to improve my mobility (twitch) but overall great job. We will start to get to know each other." They told him that they will continue to evaluate him and decide whether or not to offer.

How long has NU been recruiting you? "It has increased over the last few months."

I verified that he has nine total offers and that he has no official visits planned. Why didn't you schedule OVs? "I will, I just didn't (yet). I wanted to do a few unofficial visits and hit a few more camps, see who is really interested and where I can play sooner than later then make a decision."

Why did you come to NU? "I actually like the (academic) programs the school offers, the history and prestige along with the football program and number of NFL players it has produced."

Where else will you take unofficials? "I'll hit Columbia ,Princeton and maybe Stanford. I'll also visit USC this month."

It wasn't until that last answer that Denegal's situation started making sense. This is a high academic kid with a 4.0 GPA. He's looking for a better academic school than the ones on his offer list: Arkansas, Auburn, Colorado, Colorado State, Georgia, Michigan State, Oregon State, San Jose State and Utah. (I don't know how many of those are still valid offers, as I'm sure many of those school already have their QBs for 2022.)

I was still a little surprised by his feedback, though. I thought his arm was the question mark, more so than his athleticism/mobility. I think Denegal might ultimately be a fallback kinda kid, if they lose out on Harrell and Rose. I'm also thinking that if he's considering Ivies, could NU be able to get him as a preferred walkon?

We're going to touch base again later. He's an interesting prospect, with a VERY interesting recruiting picture. It's not often you see kids with Power Five offers taking a look at Ivies and going to camps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News