ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU-MSU

Great play calling until we got to the first and goal. We had them on the ropes ... but
If we walk away with no points...we are in serious trouble...I don't care if they get a touchdown...this kind of coaching is going to cost us games...

No way you kick a fg from the 6 inch line. The numbers tell you to go for it. Especially with the new rule you can push the qb

Reactions: Fitz51 and willycat
Great play calling until we got to the first and goal. We had them on the ropes ... but

No way you kick a fg from the 6 inch line. The numbers tell you to go for it. Especially with the new rule you can push the qb
Maybe so, getting within 1 score is valuable though. Glad they converted. Eventually he's going to need a FG from his kicker, I hope the kid is ready as he's getting no looks in games

If we can go into the half 10 7 , we have a goo d shot. MSU will get weary before we do. It is hard to win on the road even at Dyche Stadium.

It makes me sick to my stomach that Penn State is having so much success. If there is ever a reason to doubt there is a God, it is that the evil that is Penn State is doing well.

I guess our goal line play is Thorson pushed in by Jackson now...glad we got the points...disagree with the call...
I agreed with the call. You should always be able to sneak it in from that distance with the new rule. And Jackson’s push was mostly a whiff. What worked was one of our OL (couldn’t tell which) grabbing CT and pulling him into the end zone.

Why time out here? Our D has them in a hole, with limited time. So we give them a chance to regroup?

I agreed with the call. You should always be able to sneak it in from that distance with the new rule. And Jackson’s push was mostly a whiff. What worked was one of our OL (couldn’t tell which) grabbing CT and pulling him into the end zone.
Green pushed him in I believe

Why time out here? Our D has them in a hole, with limited time. So we give them a chance to regroup?
OK, I'm wrong and Fitz is right. I will remember that the rest of the game.
We could get a lead with this much time.

Big third down conversion and good use of timeout. Now let's go get some points!

That is a big kick for the Freshman.

Seriously the biggest kick of his career.

It makes me sick to my stomach that Penn State is having so much success. If there is ever a reason to doubt there is a God, it is that the evil that is Penn State is doing well.

Has nothing to do with this game, but I just wanted to agree. I also hate that they are making me root for Ohio State. I feel so...dirty.

Reactions: phatcat
Nice job Cats!! 10-10 at half. Really nice bounce back.

I thought this game would come down to Thorson vs. Lewerke and so far it's been a good match up between the two. I didn't think lewerke had this kind of play in him. Best game I have seen him play. I think our defense starts to impose it's will in the second half. Williams coming in for Mayo may end up being a critical adjustment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT