ADVERTISEMENT

Football coach, things to think about.

Prescott2018

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2022
I think Braun should be given the job. The university will wait until the end of the season as they should and I think the Cats will win more games this season. Braun is loved by his players and they will play hard for him. I also think he would be someone who would stay here. I believe he can recruit because he is a fine person who players want to be around. I feel one of those big name coaches or other up and comers would leave the minute they had success. Back in New York before Rutgers was in the big Schiano was a young successful coach and building a great program. They even gave him university land for free to build a house but he still left to try his hand at bigger things. Just think what Rutgers would be now if he had stayed. He came back but had to start all over again. The same thing happened to UConn. They had a young successful coach who got them to bowl games and then he left for Maryland. Look at Lou Holtz. He was successful so Minnesota hired him. He said the only job he would leave for was Notre Dame and guess who called right before Minnesota’s first bowl game in a long time. The interim head coach had to coach the bowl game. What would the big look like if Holtz had stayed in Minnesota? At Northwestern we had Ara who left for Notre Dame. If he had stayed what would the program have looked like in the early 70’s. Pappy Waldorf took us to the Rose Bowl and then left for California. Theses are all things to consider. If we do go with the established successful coach we need to have a good long game so we can have a philosophy that can plug in a series of coaches so can have continuity. We need to ready so we don’t have to lose a lot ground because a great coach leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News