ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: No. 10 Illinois vs. Northwestern

It's hard to play Preston and Clayton together, limited offense, but they were physical in defense to close on that 7-0 run at end of half.

Reactions: drewjin
Defense has been good 2nd half

They have been good (not perfect) all night on the first shot, but they have to finish the possession with the ball, not a basket, or it's all for naught.

I hate Coleman Hawkins so much. I can't put my finger on it - I just do.

settle down, hit some shots and box out. this is a season altering win that’s right there for the taking!

They have been good (not perfect) all night on the first shot, but they have to finish the possession with the ball, not a basket, or it's all for naught.

I hate Coleman Hawkins so much. I can't put my finger on it - I just do.
He rebounds and can shoot?

Berry blocks another out of control Shannon attempt and Shannon’s hit the floor pretty hard.

Fans near me had quite a shouting match about him. Exciting.

So we have a missed goaltending call, a reviewed 3 that became a 2, a bullshit flagrant foul resulting in 2 points, and a 10-3 foul disparity for Illinois in the 2nd half. Cool.

• Angry
This is only the fourth called foul against them in the half. Under three minutes to be clear.

• Angry
What a game! Tied at 72, both teams playing really well. Let’s finish it Cats!!

At least that shot didn't come on an offensive board. Ok...let's score.

Got a stop. We’ve got to get some good shots from screen action. Boo should keep shooting for sure but get his shots within the offense, or throw a couple alley oops as well

This is one of those games that would get a very high rating on the 538 scale for how competitive a game is.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT