ADVERTISEMENT

Good Omen for a Wildcat Win - The Mojo Moose Returns

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
There were a dearth of Moose appearances last season and the dearth of wins accompanied same. (Of course I was volunteer teaching in a remote location in Japan near the Japanese Alps during most of that time and the representative wildlife in the area were limited primarily to wild boars and Snow Monkeys.)

For those who have followed the high correlation between appearances of Mojo Moose the week before a game and consequent Wildcat wins in prior years, be heartened to know that the karma of the Moose has returned. Last week's game win against Nebraska was preceded by a roadway moose encounter as one ran across the road in front of my vehicle only to be followed by another that I came close to striking but for having slowed down.

This morning I was attending to the task of shoveling the 6 inches plus of snow that fell yesterday only to look up and see a moose standing ten feet away from me in my driveway. At first I lamented there would be no way to verify this promising omen of a forthcoming win against the Purdue Boilermakers until I remembered that the event was within the range of a security camera. So here you have belief with evidence as pictured below:

IMG_6638_(1).jpg
IMG_6633_(1).jpg

And here are some added images of the moose tracks in the snow that even include ones fronting my raspberry patch where the moose appearance karma has historically been the strongest:

IMG_7674.jpg
IMG_7669(1).jpg
IMG_6607.jpg
IMG_6719_(1).jpg

There were a dearth of Moose appearances last season and the dearth of wins accompanied same. (Of course I was volunteer teaching in a remote location in Japan near the Japanese Alps during most of that time and the representative wildlife in the area were limited primarily to wild boars and Snow Monkeys.)

For those who have followed the high correlation between appearances of Mojo Moose the week before a game and consequent Wildcat wins in prior years, be heartened to know that the karma of the Moose has returned. Last week's game win against Nebraska was preceded by a roadway moose encounter as one ran across the road in front of my vehicle only to be followed by another that I came close to striking but for having slowed down.

This morning I was attending to the task of shoveling the 6 inches plus of snow that fell yesterday only to look up and see a moose standing ten feet away from me in my driveway. At first I lamented there would be no way to verify this promising omen of a forthcoming win against the Purdue Boilermakers until I remembered that the event was within the range of a security camera. So here you have belief with evidence as pictured below:

IMG_6638_(1).jpg
IMG_6633_(1).jpg

And here are some added images of the moose tracks in the snow that even include ones fronting my raspberry patch where the moose appearance karma has historically been the strongest:

IMG_7674.jpg
IMG_7669(1).jpg
IMG_6607.jpg
IMG_6719_(1).jpg
Finally back to doing your job

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

IMG_6638_(1).jpg
IMG_6633_(1).jpg

IMG_7674.jpg
IMG_7669(1).jpg
IMG_6607.jpg
IMG_6719_(1).jpg

Is there any correlation between Moose appearances and Wildcat wins? It seemed to be a random walk.

Is there any correlation between Moose appearances and Wildcat wins? It seemed to be a random walk.
Much better correlation than random walk. There has been an especially good correlation between lack of moose sightings and losses

Reactions: drewjin
Then I found this posting from last year as well which preceded the Nebraska game. Looks like the Snow Monkey for that game did no better:

"Wasn't the original mojo creature the Rally Monkey? For Saturday's game though the appearance of a corn cob eating hog might be the ticket.

Be that as it may, and given the distant proximity of any moose from where I am at present here in Japan, the best that I can do is to report that as I looked out from the sauna this morning a huge Snow Monkey rambled across the scaffolding just outside of the "onsen" public bath's window. FWIW someone reported a prior bear sighting within a few yards of the monkey's appearance as well."

Sighting

Lockdown sucks, but I’m all for it if it saves some lives.

I watch the games if they are on ESPN or Fox. BTN and FS1 are no longer available overseas, so I listen to my classmate, Dave Eanet, on WGN.
Can you get UTube TV? Great sports coverage and major networks for under $70.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Then I found this posting from last year as well which preceded the Nebraska game. Looks like the Snow Monkey for that game did no better:

"Wasn't the original mojo creature the Rally Monkey? For Saturday's game though the appearance of a corn cob eating hog might be the ticket.

Be that as it may, and given the distant proximity of any moose from where I am at present here in Japan, the best that I can do is to report that as I looked out from the sauna this morning a huge Snow Monkey rambled across the scaffolding just outside of the "onsen" public bath's window. FWIW someone reported a prior bear sighting within a few yards of the monkey's appearance as well."

Sighting
Yep there's no replacement for the Mojo Moose.

Looks like the Moose came through even overcoming Purdue's Alexander "Moose" Horvath's 4th down heroics.

IMG_6638_(1).jpg
IMG_6633_(1).jpg

IMG_7674.jpg
IMG_7669(1).jpg
IMG_6607.jpg
IMG_6719_(1).jpg
Now, see if you can find one for next week.

Reactions: runawayCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT