ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL I portend…

CoralSpringsCat

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2002
Coral Springs, FL
that Mike Bajakian will not return as OC for NU. Not a shocking revelation I know, but this is confirmed as being a done deal. Word is that Braun is waiting until after the Illinois game to make final decisions on the rest of the staff. The waiting game is tough on the assistants, their families and our players. Hopefully Braun will have decisions made very soon. Supposedly, Jake was not fond of waiting on a decision by Braun…when DB was non-committal last week as to Jake’s status, Jake made the decision to move on. I have not heard if Jake will coach in the bowl game or depart immediately after the Illinois game. If I had to guess, I’d assume he cleans out his office on Sunday (that’s conjecture on my part). I haven’t heard any specifics as to a possible successor at OC…I would keep an eye on rising talents in the FCS world that have previous ties to DB at some point in their careers. There is some concern that all the new coaches may come from the FCS ranks. There is some sentiment that DB would be wise to retain a number of current assistants in order to stem the tide of potential transfers (portal window opens on 12/4). Should be an interesting 10-14 days coming up in Evanston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News