ADVERTISEMENT

Ignore This Thread

I'm not disagreeing with you on this part of the question. Collins does need time to work his way out of this situation, and it's entirely possible that he will do so. I'm just taking issue with the Fitz comparison.

(Also, 6-14 got Nebraska into the NIT)
NEB also won two games in the BTT Think they would have made it in without those wins? 5-15 gets no one anywhere and that would be the equivalent of what it took to get into a minor bowl. In fact I think there are even provisions for teams with losing records to get there now. Doesn't happen in BB in the NIT and NCAA. I was not the one that brought up the comparison with Fitz But I am one to say that in about the same period Fitz also had a downturn just like about every other successful HC in both FB and BB. Somewhere around year 7 +-1. Happened to Barnett, Walker was headed there and likely would have had a losing record the year he died, Fitz, and Carmody.

Fake news is now your enemy, Bob. Got it.

I decided to amuse myself and see how many sentences in this string it took before you abused the truth. Let's see ...

There were many options last year.

Yep, there it is the first sentence of the first post. I didn't even need to go any further. You have no clue who wanted to come to NU or who was able to get into the school or the full list of who Collins was recruiting, but supposedly there were all sorts of options out there that you know about. No hyperbole whatsoever.

Sure, I'm the one that's all about the fake news.

But I'm with you!! Let's go after the fake news!! From here on out, I'm your fake news guy.

Reactions: willycat
There were many options last year. We got what we got and it played as it did. Year over, but still history recorded.

There are many options out there again. Our recruiting savant needs to identify a couple good ones and bring them in. All eyes are wide open on this program at the moment. In light of recent performances and staffing issues, CCC needs some wins.

Full context Mr Fakenews. If you are to believe any of the sources sighted by your fellow posters, then those sources claimed we were in on many of them.

But guess you doubt their sources, right?

#morefakenews

Keep it coming. This is fun.

Full context Mr Fakenews. If you are to believe any of the sources sighted by your fellow posters, then those sources claimed we were in on many of them.

But guess you doubt their sources, right?

#morefakenews

Keep it coming. This is fun.
Did you just reply to your own post?

Who do you think you are, wrasslerTitanium????

That’s not apples to apples either, unless you’re seriously arguing that one NCAA 8-seed is functionally equivalent to two straight Big Ten titles.

You are right -the football fall was much further.

... And there were others rated similar or better ...

And a continuation of the same idea in your next post.

Please show us all these better players that Collins missed on that could get into NU.

I'm now a fakenews warrior!! Let's talk about the facts!!

... But it is very reasonable to believe that CCC promised a starting spot, nobody else of substance did....

We'll ignore the long line of maybes in this doozy.

But I would like to know the facts that lead you to this thought.

I'll stop there, and wait for my answers.I want to keep some of the fish in the barrel of this thread alive.

Well, I’m not old enough to know some undeniable NU top ten but I will give it a shot. And I suspect Mac makes a modern day version. But here I go, not in order, but just the top ten: (1990ish and on and based on what they did at NU)

VV, Coble, Shurna, Esch, Baldwin, Mac, Olah, Moore, Neloms, Leslie

Man, that was tough. Cutting out guys like Hearn (NBA and other post NU stuff, if we only recognized his talent earlier), Rankin, Blake, Juice and so on. I tried to also distribute among positions.

Leslie? Moore? Olah? You're reaching with those I'd say.

You did forget Crawford and Jitim Young off the top of my head. Why would you cut out Rankin? Pardon IMHO makes the list as well.

And yet you repeat the same statement in your next paragraph about this year. Please tell us your sources.

Well, there is a thread dedicated to the options here. So, are you dismissing the sources cited by the other posters here? How about the portal then?

Whether anyone will come to NU is another story. But then, CCC is a great recruiter and also needs to identify true talent from those options and close the deal.

What’s next?

#morefakenews

And a continuation of the same idea in your next post.

Please show us all these better players that Collins missed on that could get into NU.

I'm now a fakenews warrior!! Let's talk about the facts!!

I guess you are right. I misspoke. Clearly, you do not feel CCC is a super recruiter and all eligible players in the portal are in play.

Well, if you don’t feel he can recruit effectively to build a competitive team, what is his value in your opinion?

Last edited:

I'll stop there, and wait for my answers.I want to keep some of the fish in the barrel of this thread alive.

Good morning. Glad to see you finally acknowledge that was an opinion. You assume fact based by choosing to ignore that I repeatedly admit that I don’t know, but neither does anyone else

My opinion is based on the notion that something led Taylor to pick NU over stories and or competitive and nationally relevant teams like IU and Oregon.

So what would lead him here. (I haven’t checked in his grad program, perhaps we should. ) To me, logic says one program (NU) offered a substantially better PT scenario including a starting role. Maybe not.

My theory is as sound as any and fits the facts as they played out.

Good times. I should be around more later. Keep em coming.

I’m guessing you never saw the Mythbusters episode about fish in the barrel. Actually, in retrospect, maybe you did ;)

Leslie? Moore? Olah? You're reaching with those I'd say.

You did forget Crawford and Jitim Young off the top of my head. Why would you cut out Rankin? Pardon IMHO makes the list as well.

Like I said, it was tough. They were all on my top 20. Olah and Leslie still live in the alltime records book for NU. All three led the team for multiple years. All three are in the bottom of my top ten and very debatable.

I felt the other guard said were better than Jitim and the other two centers were more justified than Rankin and Pardon.

Though top 20, I was never a big Crawford fan.

My opinion is based on the notion that something led Taylor to pick NU over stories and or competitive and nationally relevant teams like IU and Oregon.

So what would lead him here. (I haven’t checked in his grad program, perhaps we should. )
Playing time sure must have been a factor. Having grown up in Gary IN, location might have also factored.

At the end of the day, it really matters not. Flush last season and look forward to better days in 2020-21.

Reactions: IGNORE
... Glad to see you finally acknowledge that was an opinion ...

... To me, logic says one program (NU) offered a substantially better PT scenario including a starting role. Maybe not.

My theory is as sound as any and fits the facts as they played out.

This is the best one yet.

Where exactly did I acknowledge it was an opinion?

You really have your own little thread that no one can see, don't you?

Logic - and especially you're sad version of it - does not equal fact. Not even in the slightest. But it's pretty obvious you don't see that. Taylor's reasons could've been any mix of 50 things - none of which you have a clue about.

But those don't fit your agenda. So you spread your "logic" - or in your terms "fake news."

It's just one thread of hundreds of examples.

Anytime, you want to talk facts and - here's the key to us fake news warriors - a factual conclusion, you let me know.

Last edited:
This is the best one yet.

Where exactly did I acknowledge it was an opinion?

You really have your own little thread that no one can see, don't you?

Logic - and especially you're sad version of it - does not equal fact. Not even in the slightest. But it's pretty obvious you don't see that. Taylor's reasons could've been any mix of 50 things - none of which you have a clue about.

But those don't fit your agenda. So you spread your "logic" - or in your terms "fake news."

It's just one thread of hundreds of examples.

Anytime, you want to talk facts and - here's the key to us fake news warriors - a factual conclusion, you let me know.

Ok. Whatever. You are seeming on the verge of a breakdown. You win. Everything you I say is accurate and unadulterated or spun. I’m the creator of fiction, spinner of lies, originator of nothing. Just breathe.

Go back to CNN or Facebook or wherever your comfort zone lies and relax. All will be ok. The Cats will be dancing next year thanks to the amazing job of CCC. Tell you what, I’ll fly you to the tourney l, buy your ticket, even book your room. Just breathe and relax.

And then put me in IGNORE. Your mind isn’t ready for me.

Ok. Whatever. You are seeming on the verge of a breakdown. You win. Everything you I say is accurate and unadulterated or spun. I’m the creator of fiction, spinner of lies, originator of nothing. Just breathe.

Sure, the passive aggressive guy with no self awareness who screams for attention should be the one making a diagnosis.

And now we cue the predictable pity whining. Soon I'm sure we'll hear about how the whole board is against you, of course, ommitting any responsibility for months and years of these silly little games you play. Poor you.

Let's not forget that you established this silly direction looooong before I was involved.

Yes, it's me and everybody else who is the problem. Right.

Does this mean we're done examining the facts? I've been looking forward to all your inside sources all day!!

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
Sure, the passive aggressive guy with no self awareness who screams for attention should be the one making a diagnosis.

And now we cue the predictable pity whining. Soon I'm sure we'll hear about how the whole board is against you, of course, ommitting any responsibility for months and years of these silly little games you play. Poor you.

Let's not forget that you established this silly direction looooong before I was involved.

Yes, it's me and everybody else who is the problem. Right.

Does this mean we're done examining the facts? I've been looking forward to all your inside sources all day!!

Gee, I really hurt your feelings. I’m sorry. I should have known better than come to a public message board and force you to read my thoughts, feelings, opinions, conclusions, interpretations, etc.

I mean, who am I? Other than former NU athlete and alum, I have no formal basketball after high school. My contributions should be limited to the foggy windows of my shower while I sing.

I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive this poor and lost soul. I promise to never post again, only speak when spoken to and I will even limit my internet usage to 30 minutes a day.

Lol. IGNORE is friend. But I really don’t care if you give me attention or lose my existence altogether. In fact, you and your little friend Va could eliminate my non-contributing butt from your whole pretentious existence and I would be fine. But if you think you have proven anything over the last 24 hours or persuaded me to change anything about my approach to life, then you are another delusional millennial.

Gotta run, my 30 minutes is almost up.

Whiny my arse. And nothing passive about my aggression. Your just another millennial hooked on some catch phrases without understanding them. No wonder your generation destroyed the news.

#morefakenews

Whiny my arse. And nothing passive about my aggression. Your just another millennial hooked on some catch phrases without understanding them. No wonder your generation destroyed the news.

#morefakenews

Bob, I have no dog in this fight, but isn't this at least the 10th person who has gone off on you on a message board? One person? Fine. Two or three? Maybe a trend, but nothing to get excited about.

But if that many people went off on me on a message board,. I might be JUST a tad self aware about it and think that maybe, just maybe, there is something about the way I post that attracts the ire of others. Of course, maybe you just don't care; if that is the case, carry on I guess..

Bob, I have no dog in this fight, but isn't this at least the 10th person who has gone off on you on a message board? One person? Fine. Two or three? Maybe a trend, but nothing to get excited about.

But if that many people went off on me on a message board,. I might be JUST a tad self aware about it and think that maybe, just maybe, there is something about the way I post that attracts the ire of others. Of course, maybe you just don't care; if that is the case, carry on I guess..

Nope. It’s a public message board. I consider the source and the content and make my own decision. I think it’s why we can now get along. Each event is independent.

Nope. It’s a public message board. I consider the source and the content and make my own decision. I think it’s why we can now get along. Each event is independent.

OK, just thought I'd try to help. As an aside, I think we get along better because of your shiny new screename!

Reactions: IGNORE

You might want to watch those generalizations without knowing your facts. Someone might call it fake news.

What is that about not understanding something?

You might want to watch those generalizations without knowing your facts. Someone might call it fake news.

What is that about not understanding something?

Sure, whatever. Now that you have had your turn, go back to section 112, sit down and let the adults talk.

Sure, whatever. Now that you have had your turn, go back to section 112, sit down and let the adults talk.

That's why I'm keeping you company. I'm concerned you might get lonely when the adults do talk about facts and the reality of the situation. This thread is just one of so many that proves time and again facts aren't really your strength. We're going to work on this together while the adults talk.

Fake news warriors!!

That's why I'm keeping you company. I'm concerned you might get lonely when the adults do talk about facts and the reality of the situation. This thread is just one of so many that proves time and again facts aren't really your strength. We're going to work on this together while the adults talk.

Fake news warriors!!

Ok, cool. Mike Jr. Well, come take my hand and I will lead you across the street where they are talking. Just remember, be seen but not heard. :)

Self awareness is at the top of the pyramid. He is not there yet

Fake news warriors!!
Adults? Here? You must be kidding

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT