ADVERTISEMENT

Ignore This Thread

ColumbusCatFan1

Jun 18, 2005
Not sure if this had been mentioned here yet, but just saw story and remembered his departure from Cal was a former topic of conversation.

Moore didn’t do much this year in a reserve role, but looked like a nice prospect as a frosh in Berkeley.

KC Star Article

Not sure if this had been mentioned here yet, but just saw story and remembered his departure from Cal was a former topic of conversation.

Moore didn’t do much this year in a reserve role, but looked like a nice prospect as a frosh in Berkeley.

KC Star Article

Boy, would love to just say, ‘that’s what you get’ - but we need guys. Especially at PG. But I wonder if bridges were burned when he went another direction a couple years ago.

I suspect Collins will go hard after Moore. Experience in a position where there is not much and a body of work to show he is a P6 player

According to NCAA rules, I imagine he’d have to sit out next season, and would therefore have only one year of eligibility at is final destination. Is that correct?

According to NCAA rules, I imagine he’d have to sit out next season, and would therefore have only one year of eligibility at is final destination. Is that correct?

Hard to tell nowadays with the way waivers are being tossed around.

Pretty sure players have four years of eligibility and you don't lose a year for sitting. So if he has to sit, he's on the six year plan.

Pretty sure players have four years of eligibility and you don't lose a year for sitting. So if he has to sit, he's on the six year plan.
You get four years of playing in 5 years of eligibility, unless a player gets a medical hardship. There is no 6 year plan.

You get four years of playing in 5 years of eligibility, unless a player gets a medical hardship. There is no 6 year plan.
Yep. So getting a waiver to play immediately seems like the better route, now that the NCAA is doing that so often.

this is a real possibility

That’s great to hear.

[Edit] Would really be ideal if he could get a hardship waiver. It doesn’t seem like NU is really in on any grad transfer PG in a meaningful way. Moore, Freeman and McNeill are all guys who would possibly have to sit for a year.

Last edited:

KC Star Article

Did we recruit him or something? I don’t remember him or the chatter when he departed Cal. We have a shot here? What’s the 411?

That’s great to hear.

[Edit] Would really be ideal if he could get a hardship waiver. It doesn’t seem like NU is really in on any grad transfer PG in a meaningful way. Moore, Freeman and McNeill are all guys who would possibly have to sit for a year.

Moore will be immediately eligible (hardship) with 2 years of eligibility remaining.

GOUNUII

Must be close to an ill relative or needs to near a large teaching hospital or...

I'm aware of how the hardship waiver process works. Was asking if there's anything concrete that would support receipt of such waiver.

I’m sorry to hear that Moore’s parents have been sick. I’m glad he will be getting a waiver, and it would be great for him and for NU if he chooses to be very close to home.

In an ideal world, I think, NU gets Charlie Moore (immediately eligible, 2 years), Javon Freeman (has to sit, but has 3 years), either Pat Andree or Justin Pierce (grad transfer wing/stretch 4) and Joey Brunk (grad transfer Big). That leaves the depth chart looking like this:

Lead guard: Moore, Buie, Greer (Freeman)
Wing 1: Gaines or Turner
Wing 2: Kopp or Beran
Stretch 4: Andree/Pierce or Nance
Big: Brunk, Young, Jones

That would leave just three guaranteed scholarship holes for the following class, with Turner, Andree/Pierce and Brunk not returning. Maybe Greer or Buie transfer too, who knows.

That’s not an awful lineup. I’m really getting my hopes up on Charlie Moore especially, in part because he would slot in as a junior and balance out a class that right now only includes Gaines.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
if this coaching staff can pull off moore, brunk, and freeman it should be illegal to talking about this staff recruiting kids!!!

I see what you’re saying, and I generally agree, but to be fair: the reason NU should be extremely appealing to Moore and Brunk is because they’d immediately slot in as starters over 4 players with a combined 1 year of college experience.

I see what you’re saying, and I generally agree, but to be fair: the reason NU should be extremely appealing to Moore and Brunk is because they’d immediately slot in as starters over 4 players with a combined 1 year of college experience.

No inside info, but from everything I've read, Brunk is Kentucky's to lose.

There ya go. That would certainly support candidacy for a waiver.

When he transferred from Cal to Kansas he applied for a waiver then using the same rationale and was denied. That was two years ago, and I know the NCAA has relaxed on this a bit, but worth pointing that out.

Also, Mizzou is the dead on favorite. He loves Cuanzo Martin and thrived under him in their only season together at Cal. And Mizzou has the same gaping hole at PG that NW, but a much much better roster to put around him. I’d bet on Mizzou getting him.

When he transferred from Cal to Kansas he applied for a waiver then using the same rationale and was denied. That was two years ago, and I know the NCAA has relaxed on this a bit, but worth pointing that out.

Also, Mizzou is the dead on favorite. He loves Cuanzo Martin and thrived under him in their only season together at Cal. And Mizzou has the same gaping hole at PG that NW, but a much much better roster to put around him. I’d bet on Mizzou getting him.

Seems a bit different to transfer to Evanston to be closer to sick parents than to Kansas, but always tough to tell what the NCAA might or might not do.

Had forgotten about the Martin connection. Good point.

Also, Mizzou is the dead on favorite. He loves Cuonzo Martin and thrived under him in their only season together at Cal. And Mizzou has the same gaping hole at PG that NW, but a much much better roster to put around him. I’d bet on Mizzou getting him.

He loves the guy who recruited him to Cal and then promptly took off.

Good to know.

He oughta be careful about sitting out a year....Cuonzo might not be there when he becomes eligible.

Reactions: DaCat
Brunk has 2 not one year because he redshirted. Had an illness in the family

Last edited:
I’m just not going to get excited about any of this potential. It’s too frustrating when things don’t work out as hoped.

That said, I think this is a big test. Lots of palatable transfer options and lots of need. CCC needs to show off his recruiting acumen and not just land another Taylor, but a couple of good fits demonstrating that he is a good recruiter AND good judge of talent.

He loves the guy who recruited him to Cal and then promptly took off.

Good to know.

He oughta be careful about sitting out a year....Cuonzo might not be there when he becomes eligible.

Not a fan of Martin, either. He’s the ultimate crop duster. Farts all over a program and then ducks out before the smell hits.

I’m just not going to get excited about any of this potential. It’s too frustrating when things don’t work out as hoped.

That said, I think this is a big test. Lots of palatable transfer options and lots of need. CCC needs to show off his recruiting acumen and not just land another Taylor, but a couple of good fits demonstrating that he is a good recruiter AND good judge of talent.

Just about everyone wanted Taylor. If cc was a bad judge of talent there, so were a jazillion other coaches...

Moore would be a huge get. He also would likely play the majority of the minutes at point guard if he committed

Both Brunk and Moore could easily end up at those other schools because they have a chance to get to March Madness and we don't. Players like the notoriety and the fun of playing in postseason games.

Reactions: scru

i have heard it will be shocking if Moore is not in the chicagoland area

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT