ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Interview with Brendan Zurbrugg

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
I just finished a call with new Northwestern QB commit Brendan Zurbrugg, here are my notes:

-Credited his flip to a solo OV last weekend where he was hosted by Brendan Sullivan on Friday and Jack Lausch on Saturday. He said both guys were great and that they really conveyed a love and enthusiasm for Northwestern and the offense

-Said even after his commitment to Syracuse he always wanted to take a visit to Northwestern
"Well, I knew I wanted to take a visit. The whole visit overall, it just made me really realize that Northwestern is a better fit for me, and that it was the place I wanted to be."

-Credit to NU for staying in the hunt after the commitment, and he was very polite about it, but I don't think he was thrilled by Syracuse taking a second QB
"Yeah, they mentioned [they might take two quarterbacks], which most schools don't really do. It's definitely nice that I'm the one quarterback that Northwestern will be taking."

-NU was late to the party but never gave up. The staff made their first serious contact in late March, early April. His OV was scheduled in the same week that he ended up visiting.

-Solo visit paid dividends, felt like they really wanted him there and appreciated the effort to get him in under the wire.

Story to follow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News