ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Roach entering portal while declaring for the draft

BigCatCT

Oct 26, 2015
I would expect Collins to be interested.

Looks like he is projected as possible second round pick.

I would expect Collins to be interested.

Looks like he is projected as possible second round pick.

That would be great, but I suspect if Roach transfers it is not going to be to a school like Northwestern. I think NIL would be a key factor in this case. I imagine Chris will at least ask - we have a lead guard role that's open for someone like him - but this seems like a very long shot.

That would be great, but I suspect if Roach transfers it is not going to be to a school like Northwestern. I think NIL would be a key factor in this case. I imagine Chris will at least ask - we have a lead guard role that's open for someone like him - but this seems like a very long shot.
Exactly, Roach is going to get paid, whether it is the NBA or NIL. And NU just can't compete with that.

Reactions: NVAcat
Exactly, Roach is going to get paid, whether it is the NBA or NIL. And NU just can't compete with that.
Do we really know that NU can't compete with that? Seems like BB would be easier to fund NIL because the squad is small and one or two players could really make a difference. A strategy of maybe having one NIL arrangement to retain a player like Boo and one to land a transfer like Langberg every year would be what it takes in todays market to stay relevant/

Reactions: NUCat320
Here's hoping Schmidt is all over NU's ability to pay like those NU recruits against. NU has serious obstacles to overcome in recruiting already and NU can NOT afford to be unable to financially match competing offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT