ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Wilimovsky

Pulmocat

Aug 17, 2003
Well, Grevers didn't make the Olympics but Wilimovsky is the first US athlete to make the swimming team (2nd in the 1500) and the open water team. Congrats to him! Go Cats

No way! Hes the reigning world champion and favorite to win gold
Pulmo, I'm with you man! This is special time for Jordan Wilimovsky. Hoping he gets a gold. Just my opinion, but I think some of the health risks are over-hyped. Hope I'm right.

Reactions: concrete17
Jordan will have Wildcat support at both of his events in Rio. Besides his family there will be 6 NU former and current swim team members there to cheer him on. One of the current members, a Brazilian actually resides in Rio.
Watch for the Purple.

This is Jordan's 1500 and Open Water schedules

Jordan is in heat # 5 of 6 in the 1500m prelims on Friday, Aug 12th. Check your local NBC channel. You can watch it live streamed at 9.00am on Friday (PST).

13932772_10207440617118569_7616878312005383291_n.jpg

Last edited:
He won his heat in a sprint to the finish
Jordan is behind the Italian Paltrinieri and his B1G TEN rival at Michigan, Connor Jaegar
Believe Wilomovsky is youngest finalist in his heat

Reactions: Ubermorgen
He swam a PR today. Hope he has a little left in the tank. In winning his heat he held off a couple of swimmers making a charge.

Jordan has a chance to keep the NU streak alive for Olympic swimming medals. Gonna be rooting for him tonight to take his place next to Matt Greavers in the NU list of champions.

Jordan has a chance to keep the NU streak alive for Olympic swimming medals. Gonna be rooting for him tonight to take his place next to Matt Greavers in the NU list of champions.

Let's hope so. Jordan is the first American swimmer to qualify in both the 1500 meters and the open water swim. The open water swim is his strongest event which he has a better chance of medaling.

If you watch tonight and hear Jordan's name called out from the crowd while he is swimming it will be very likely the voices of a group of NU current and alumni swimmers who are in Rio. Heard them during the prelims.

"Cat's in the Water"

Good job by Jordan finishing 4th in the 1,500 after holding onto the 3rd spot for most of the race.

Now on to the open water to win his gold.

Good to hear about the support he's getting from the NU contingent.

Great swim by Jordan. His splits were good and and he swam a personal best in his preliminary and another persona; best in the finals: knocking another 3 seconds off his preliminary time.

Great swim Jordy.

Great swim by Jordan. His splits were good and and he swam a personal best in his preliminary and another persona; best in the finals: knocking another 3 seconds off his preliminary time.

Great swim Jordy.
Remarkably for swimming short course so much, he looks like he needs major work on his turns. He could easily burn 6 seconds off his 1500 if he turned anything like the 3 guys that beat him. Literally gave away a meter with each one

Remarkably for swimming short course so much, he looks like he needs major work on his turns. He could easily burn 6 seconds off his 1500 if he turned anything like the 3 guys that beat him. Literally gave away a meter with each one
Probably part of the reason he's stronger in open water

Half way through the race in 18th position. Aussie swimmer leading by what would seem to me to be a sizable margin.

Jordan is in the lead group now, contending for a medal.

@ Ubermorgen
Will let you post results since you are following stream. We knew results immediately My son sent us video/ results live via I phone but am @ work and cannot give updates
Thanks for your updates.

Concrete17, had to go into a meeting so I will look for results. Jordan did not medal. Amazing finish.

Jordan finished 5th. Valiant effort. Who could have imagined a sprint at the end of a 10K swim. (Maybe it happens all the time. I don't follow open water swimming generally.)

Jordan got mugged. The yellow flag went up and the official let them swim on. Two big beefy guys pinched Jordan with a few minutes to go and he couldn't find space for his stroke. Would love to see the last five minutes again.

Jordan got mugged. The yellow flag went up and the official let them swim on. Two big beefy guys pinched Jordan with a few minutes to go and he couldn't find space for his stroke. Would love to see the last five minutes again.

Must have been one of those guys that was DQ'ed and moved Jordan up to 5th.

10 K Final Results........interesting, after swimming almost 2 hours how close the times are of the top 19 swimmers. Jordan just 3.4 seconds off 1st place and 1.2 seconds off 3rd. That's half the time it takes me to reach over from the sofa for the TV remote.
Swim link:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...km-open-water-medal-winners-times-and-results

RANK ATHLETE RESULTS
1) NED
WEERTMAN Ferry
1:52:59.8
2) GRE
GIANNIOTIS Spiros
1:52:59.8
3) FRA
OLIVIER Marc-Antoine
1:53:02.0
4) CHN
ZU Lijun