ADVERTISEMENT

Last 20 plus point conference win - Trivia

Palindrome

Jun 19, 2001
Of course I had NO idea, so I had to comb through some web pages to find the answers. You could do the same, but it might be more fun to test our collective memories and see how well we do.

1-4. Last time the Cats beat a conference opponent by 20+ points before today: Team, home or away, season, score.

5. High scorer for NU in that game.

6. What five Wildcats hit for double figures that day?

7. In addition to the double-figure scorers, one guy had 8 points; who?

8. Cats' rebounding leader that day?

9. Team shot 56.5% from the field and 56.2% from on 3-pointers, and 87.5% on free throws. Two guys combined for: 10-15 from the field, 7-10 on 3's, and were a perfect 6-6 from the line. They were: __________ and ____________

10. 14 players made appearances on the court, 8 for multiple minutes. Which other six each show up as one minute in the box score? (I know, not fair!).

Anybody want to start us off?

Edit Note: changed question #6.

This post was edited on 2/21 9:16 PM by Palindrome

1-4) Indiana at Assembly Hall, 2009, 75-53
5) Craig Moore
6) Moore, Thompson, Coble, Shurna, Nash
7) Mirkovic
8) Mirkovic
9) Moore and Thompson
10) Sterling Williams, Mike Capocci, Nick Fruendt, Davide Curletti, Patrick Houlihan, Marlon Day

Bonus note: Indiana was 1-17 in the Big Ten that season. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State and Illinois also beat the Hoosiers by 20+ in conference play that season.

Originally posted by Palindrome:
Of course I had NO idea, so I had to comb through some web pages to find the answers. You could do the same, but it might be more fun to test our collective memories and see how well we do.

1-4. Last time the Cats beat a conference opponent by 20+ points before today: Team, home or away, season, score.

Indiana, away, 2008-2009, NU 75, Indiana 53

5. High scorer for NU in that game.

Moore 17 points

6. What five Wildcats hit for double figures that day?

Shurna, Coble Thompson, Moore, Nash

7. In addition to the double-figure scorers, one guy had 8 points; who?

Mirk

8. Cats' rebounding leader that day?

Mirk 7 rebounds

9. Team shot 56.5% from the field and 56.2% from on 3-pointers, and 87.5% on free throws. Two guys combined for: 10-15 from the field, 7-10 on 3's, and were a perfect 6-6 from the line. They were: __________ and ____________

Moore and Thompson

10. 14 players made appearances on the court, 8 for multiple minutes. Which other six each show up as one minute in the box score? (I know, not fair!).

Fruent, Houlihan, Capocci, Day, Williams, Curletti[/B]

Anybody want to start us off?

Edit Note: changed question #6.
That's the end of this thread.

Congrats to backdoorpass

Beat me by six minutes. I checked to see if anybody had posted by backtracking in the thread, but I didn't refresh the page!
If I had, I would have seen that backdoorpass was victorious and basking in message board glory.

All that work for nothing.

This post was edited on 2/21 11:49 PM by Gladeskat

Re: Congrats to backdoorpass

Originally posted by Gladeskat:
Beat me by six minutes. I checked to see if anybody had posted by backtracking in the thread, but I didn't refresh the page!
If I had, I would have seen that backdoorpass was victorious and basking in message board glory.

For nothing? Not at all, Glades. The honors will be shared. I am convinced that you were unaware of backdoorpass' entry when you posted yours. Anyway, what's six minutes? Barely enough time to go to the can and open another beer.

You both blew me away. I thought it would be tough to get all the answers, and would require a collaborative effort extending over a matter of hours with people chiming in.

So, in a sense it is I who should be saying, "All that work for nothing."

I guess I should have added something about the phase of the moon that night, or what were the commercials aired during the first time out.

Re: Congrats to backdoorpass

Originally posted by Gladeskat:

Never forget Glades. Art is often about the process. Try to capture how you felt while you were doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT