ADVERTISEMENT

Lathon to UTEP

This stuff is made in New York City!
New York City?!?!?!

My wife is not a native Texan but fondly remembers those commercials from her childhood. We joke about them with our kids, who of course have no idea what we're talking about.

Reactions: NUCat320
Thanks, it was in El Paso, just kind of out-of-the-way, absolutely needed to have a car to get there, but we still had 75 to 80 people for a great steak dinner. I will explain it to you sometime if you wish when I see you, but the short version of the story is that of all of the gatherings with which I have been involved, the one in El Paso probably set the record for how wonderful the restaurant management at was in bending over backwards to make sure our group had a great time.Those people were really great.
Don't get me wrong my better half and I had a great time. Just remember the long drive made longer because of all the construction delays. My 31 Purple Party spot was in San Antonio!

Don't get me wrong my better half and I had a great time. Just remember the long drive made longer because of all the construction delays. My 31 Purple Party spot was in San Antonio!

It was a long drive and out of the way, but most of it involved just staying on one road. The amazing thing is that no one got lost and every single person got there without even one no-show, almost eighty people who all needed cars to get there. There are usually a few no-shows for one reason or another. What does the last sentence of your post mean? I don’t get it.

It was a long drive and out of the way, but most of it involved just staying on one road. The amazing thing is that no one got lost and every single person got there without even one no-show, almost eighty people who all needed cars to get there. There are usually a few no-shows for one reason or another. What does the last sentence of your post mean? I don’t get it.
I don't either. It was supposed to say that the Purple party in San Antonio was my favorite.

I don't either. It was supposed to say that the Purple party in San Antonio was my favorite.

Thanks. The San Antonio trip was really great. I had a great time. Part of it was because the night before the party about 20 of us got together and ate barbecue on the Riverwalk, and it was really a great group. A few of the parties stand out to me as being particularly good, but off-the-cuff, in a manner of speaking, my favorite might be in year after San Antonio in Tampa. About 120 people showed up, people just kept showing up, we had to set up two extra tables In the middle of the room, I had to turn away about 20 people because of lack of space, and I thought the crowd was absolutely electric. 120 people all wearing a purple all talking at once and having a great time

A tidbit about El Paso that's about as relevant to the original post as anything else in this thread, including discussion of Cormac McCarthy, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and Pace Picante sauce.

Long off-season, isn't it?
Actually, reading McCarthy and being an NU fan old enough to remember the Dark Ages go well together. Both of them involve pain, human suffering, and inexplicable acts of cruelty.

Reactions: NU Houston
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT