ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Fans

klemman

Jan 31, 2002
I've been on the Michigan board as of late having similar debates that I've had with many of you in the past. As much as they claim to be on equal intellectual footing with Northwestern, my experience tells me it's not even close. While I don't always agree with all of you, at least you give good arguments for the most part.

It depends on the major. I'm an aeronautical engineer and retired from a major aerospace company in the Seattle area,
3dgrin.r191677.gif
. I worked with other engineers from UM, OSU, UW and PU. They were all well educated. Most were from UM or PU.

Other majors probably vary.

How well athletes are educated at those schools might be different. One of the UW guys was a starting football player, a defensive end.

blankimage.png
Seattle,

Have you seen my hobby?

This post was edited on 2/11 10:26 PM by WildBillcat

This post was edited on 2/11 10:26 PM by WildBillcat

This post was edited on 2/11 10:27 PM by WildBillcat

Klemman - if you are looking for intellectual debates or judging merits of arguements, I would not look at anonymous boards for a frustrated fanbase. Just a thought. See the thread below about Chicago players as an example.

For some reason they irk with their squealing fealty to "go blue." Maybe I am just bitter that our recent gridiron matchups with them have basically been the equivalent of watching them wake up in Ann Arbor on Saturday morning after a night of dancing at fern bars, jumping out of bed in pressed blue pjs, and having a horseshoe fall out of their arse on the way to the game.

Normal people aren't always shiny and happy like UM people. Maybe there is something in Ann Arbor water. Or maybe the Stepford Wives was based on a true story set in Ann Arbor. Maybe Taylor Swift's genome is replicated in all UM fans. It's just a weird scene.

Originally posted by Hungry Jack:
For some reason they irk with their squealing fealty to "go blue." Maybe I am just bitter that our recent gridiron matchups with them have basically been the equivalent of watching them wake up in Ann Arbor on Saturday morning after a night of dancing at fern bars, jumping out of bed in pressed blue pjs, and having a horseshoe fall out of their arse on the way to the game.

Normal people aren't always shiny and happy like UM people. Maybe there is something in Ann Arbor water. Or maybe the Stepford Wives was based on a true story set in Ann Arbor. Maybe Taylor Swift's genome is replicated in all UM fans. It's just a weird scene.
It's Zingerman's.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Hard to tell, but that looks like a B17. You must have a spacious garage.

WildBillCat--I am not an aeronautical engineer but your plane will get more lift if it had wings

It's a bit silly to compare the two since they are inherently different beasts. One a small private institution and the other a large state school. Clearly both are world class research institutions. I think the major distinction is between the undergraduate populations and their experiences. Its just different, and I think better or worse has a lot to do with personal preferences.

No Escaping The Michigan "Fan-atic" even here in Alaska

It is not just the Midwest. There is no escaping "The Michigan Fan" even here on The Last Frontier:

photo_zpsf816e5dd.jpg

In the OP I wasn't comparing the Institutions or general student populations, only those who post on the message boards which we know isn't representative of the whole. But the latter is the one I've had the most discussions with as of late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT