ADVERTISEMENT

Temporary Facility / Stands at Lakeside Field

By the way, I wonder how other B1G AD's navigate as Gragg twists in the wind. Think about what happens right now when NU calls another athletic dept trying to agree on football scheduling for this coming year:

On one hand, they must feel they are taking candy from a baby, because thanks to our AD we are in the worst possible negotiating position.

On the other, they will want Mervyn in the job as long as possible, as we did with Beckman. So they may help him just enough to ensure it's not a complete train wreck for NU.

Interesting times

Get to the stadium about three hours early because it’s going to be a shit show.
Your lack of enthusiasm for the logistical challenges is well noted, thank you. I will gladly accept many inconveniences for the one time opportunity to watch an NU game from a lakeside patio and celebrate the opportunity for the students

Your lack of enthusiasm for the logistical challenges is well noted, thank you. I will gladly accept many inconveniences for the one time opportunity to watch an NU game from a lakeside patio and celebrate the opportunity for the students
Except the students won’t be around for the first two, if not all three games potentially played there. Maybe there will be a walk up crowd of lakefront joggers and dog walkers, though?

Get to the stadium about three hours early because it’s going to be a shit show.
No problem for me. I'll just fly to Chicago and take a cab to Evanston. I'll just wander around until I find my tailgate pals and hope I can secure a ticket in advance. Glory Be!

No problem for me. I'll just fly to Chicago and take a cab to Evanston. I'll just wander around until I find my tailgate pals and hope I can secure a ticket in advance. Glory Be!

They won’t have anywhere to tailgate.

You really just are committed to being as down on this as possible, huh?

Yes, but in this particular context I mostly just meant that there aren’t really any “bars” left in Evanston. Bat 17… kind of? Bob’s, maybe? Then… ?

Not really.
Tell ya what man. They actually do this, you dm me about selling me your tickets to the game so you can unload your season tix and not have to deal with it. I’d be happy to buy from a friendly Cat fan who isn’t enthused about the novelty rather than from an unknown off of stubhub or wherever. You wanna attend anyway we can meet for a beer, but I’ll take em off your hands if you’d rather not.

Tell ya what man. They actually do this, you dm me about selling me your tickets to the game so you can unload your season tix and not have to deal with it. I’d be happy to buy from a friendly Cat fan who isn’t enthused about the novelty rather than from an unknown off of stubhub or wherever. You wanna attend anyway we can meet for a beer, but I’ll take em off your hands if you’d rather not.

Deal. I’ll ping you whenever Gragg et al actually announce a plan. So… you’ll hear from me in June at the earliest then.

I believe so. I was there last year a couple of times but my memory is not what it used to be. Wonder why? If this actually happens I'll see you there.
The sonsabitches at city hall at in school admin killed the Hundo and the keg. Celtic Knot didn’t make it. But by god if you can still get a beer tower at Bat 17 then my youth is still alive.

Reactions: No Chores
Yes, but in this particular context I mostly just meant that there aren’t really any “bars” left in Evanston. Bat 17… kind of? Bob’s, maybe? Then… ?
All of the hotels and most of the restaurants have very good bars

It would appear that we have very different definitions of “very good bars.”
I just need somebody to hand me fermented grain of some kind from like 9 to 11 am. Some mixed with tomato juice and pickled vegetables, some brewed with hops.

It would appear that we have very different definitions of “very good bars.”
My definition of a very good bar is one where I can get a number of craft beers on tap. I'd be happy to meet you on game day and take you to one of those bars if games are played in Evanston. ;) I'll buy!

So you’re in the “low bar” crowd with @No Chores then.
As per our other conversation, football + beer + sitting by the lake is basically my upper midwestern dream and I’ll put up with a whole hell of a lot of bullshit to enjoy those three things together. I’m a Minnesotan, my people buy $20,000 lake shacks, drag them out on frozen lakes, and sit out in the freezing cold just to catch a few fish and drink a few beers while they watch some NFL games on TV and relax. Standing in line for a couple hours is a piece of cake.

My definition of a very good bar is one where I can get a number of craft beers on tap. I'd be happy to meet you on game day and take you to one of those bars if games are played in Evanston. ;) I'll buy!

I tend to aim higher than “I hand you money, you hand me beverage” in defining a decent bar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT