ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney - week 2

Amazing. NU is finally on the brink of having a full roster of quality scholarship players who are all immediately eligible, and the first thing that comes to people’s minds is TWO REDSHIRTS?

Don’t be scared of depth!!! It’s nice, I promise!
Puts us in a better position to RS a player or handle an injury that inevitably comes.

There's very little chance he attends Kellogg. Plus, he would likely have to major in something not business-related to qualify under the grad transfer rules.

Most guys who return for fifth years either finish up their undergraduate degree or do the Master's in Sports Administration.
I thought that to be immediately eligible, you had to have graduated.

Oh wow the conversation is actually about the topic at hand for a change.

Count me among those who are cautiously optimistic. I think the feeling was that Mooney would commit straight away to Texas Tech if he was blown away by the visit. And it’s been over a week now.

Of course he could very well be taking his time for any number of reasons.

Let's hope so. It would be titled Mooney Picks NU.

We've hit our third page for this thread, as the two other threads about Mooney, so it'll soon be time for a new thread.

Maybe Mooney is working on a prenuptial agreement with Collins. :D

Reactions: IGNORE2
I thought that to be immediately eligible, you had to have graduated.

Correct and apologies for not being terribly clear.

I was saying that NU guys who come back for a fifth year typically do a one-year Master's program such as Sports Administration to demonstrate that Mooney is much more likely to end up in that kind of program rather than a Kellogg business program.

1) I'm standing by my original statement, and part of me is feeling better the longer this goes. What else could it be?

2) OTOH, what if NU is reviewing Mooney's academics, and he's rejected? It's not the first time.

3) Texas Tech was one of three finalists on '18 point guard Issac Likekele list. Unfortunately, he annnounced a commitment to Oklahoma State this afternoon.

If Likekele had committed to TT, he would have been the second point guard in Texas Tech's class. I was hoping that might effect the Mooney situation.

We've hit our third page for this thread, as the two other threads about Mooney, so it'll soon be time for a new thread.

Maybe Mooney is working on a prenuptial agreement with Collins. :D

Here's another thread on the TTU Rivals Board on Mooney, but can't see it (Lou, maybe you can help us out here). An awful lot of likes though on the posts from the site moderator which presumably is helping to update...

https://texastech.forums.rivals.com/threads/matt-mooney-update.106861/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT