ADVERTISEMENT

My interview with 4-star QB Steve Angeli

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I traded DMs with four-star 2022 QB Steve Angeli, the Oradell (NJ) Bergen Catholic QB whom NU offered back on June 26. Here are some notes before I post a story:

- He goes way back with NU OC Mike Bajakian. Coach Jake started recruiting him last fall, when he was still coaching at BC.

- The Bergen Catholic connection is strong between Angeli and Bajakian, who also played QB at Bergen. "Me and Coach Bajakian had built a great relationship when he was at Boston College and it makes it easier to build a relationship with him when he knows where I come from and how we have similar high school football backgrounds."

- Angeli is also well aware of the Queiro and Dickerson brothers, who all played at NU, calling them "legends for us." He said, "It meant a ton because they played different positions but it definitely plays some what of a factor that guys from my school and area with the same goals and work ethic have had success at Northwestern."

- How does Coach Jake see Angeli fitting into his offense at NU: "He said that I’m a great fit for what he wants at the QB position. I can make throws in the pocket as well as make off platform throws and create plays with my legs. He also said that how I am as a person is really great for what he wants to coach."

- What is Angeli looking for in a college program: "A place that feels like home for me and my family. Great relationships with the coaches, an offensive scheme that will help me succeed, great academics, and a place that can help me reach my goals like winning a National Championship."

- Angeli did no list NU as one of the schools recruiting him the hardest, however. "LSU, WVU, MSU, Rutgers, PSU have been recruiting me pretty hard right now."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News