ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern vs. Nebraska Open Thread

Beautiful night for a game, although a sea of red has invaded Ryan field.

Yes, there is gonna be a whole lot of red in the stands tonight...though I see the tarp is still on in the northeast corner.

The Duke W looks a little more significant now.

Thorson is starting to feel comfy passing and knows to throw the hopeless ones away.

Wow - first 3 plays on D had me nervous. Lots of new faces in there...

Last edited:
For being N00N, the first 7:20 has been incredibly exciting on both sides of the ball. Gotta love the 'Cats being watchable again.

Bad read by Clayton. Had JJ in the flat with a better chance for first down. How can we keep trotting Mitchell out there? Can't do much worse than this.

I was going to come on here and say what a drive McCall was calling and then 2nd and 1 happened. What the hell was that?

Also Jack come on man make the chip shots

Reactions: MacrayCat
Both lines seem to be playing a bit better tonight.

So far so good. Got a little cautious when we were in the red zone. Godwin got jobbed.

For those who criticize Fitz for not competing for championships.... here is your reason. How do you recruit top athletes? They want to play in front of thousands of screaming fans. Not this.

We already give the students free admission. When I went to NU we had to play for tickets and we showed way better than this crap tonight.

Reactions: Fitz51
Mitchell's problems continue to be due to his plant foot. Same thing last year. Very correctable but it seems to be in his head now.

Godwin screwed up the coverage on that pass play.

What a hit by McGee.

Lbs and dbs seem a bit confused back there. Lots of wide open receivers all over the field

Has their been a player who has underachieved more in his NU career than Ifeadi? The chances to make plays are there but somehow he doesn't make most of them.

Has their been a player who has underachieved more in his NU career than Ifeadi? The chances to make plays are there but somehow he doesn't make most of them.

Interesting point. I always thought the defensive scheme was wrong for him. There is no way he should've been a down defensive lineman. He should've gone somewhere where he could have developed as a rush end.

For once I'd like us to have a decent OL that we don't have to constantly scheme around.

Reactions: MacrayCat
Interesting point. I always thought the defensive scheme was wrong for him. There is no way he should've been a down defensive lineman. He should've gone somewhere where he could have developed as a rush end.

He doesn't have the lateral speed to play in a two point stance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT