ADVERTISEMENT

Not many guards are on the 2015-6 roster. Who can play PG or SG?

7levery7

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2003
CC says he's not putting players into traditional positional roles, but someone's got to bring the ball up and distribute it, and someone else needs to have a good handle in traffic and shoot from outside, even if Mac or Demps/Lindsay are injured. I count four guards on next year's squad. Also, Law showed good ball handling skills, could he take on the role of a SG?

CC says he's not putting players into traditional positional roles, but someone's got to bring the ball up and distribute it, and someone else needs to have a good handle in traffic and shoot from outside, even if Mac or Demps/Lindsay are injured. I count four guards on next year's squad. Also, Law showed good ball handling skills, could he take on the role of a SG?

7-7, are you counting Ash? Sorry but Law did not show good ball handling skills last season and NU cannot afford to take one of their best rebounders away from the basket. Also there is still room for a 5th year transfer.

Having enough guards isn't a concern. Two years ago, all we had were Sobo and Demps (and Sobo hardly played during the B10 season). With BMAC, Demps, and Ash, we've got enough guys that can dribble it up the court. I think the bigger concern is will they play backcourt defense effectively...

I think the thing is that Tre Demps at 6'2" needs to be able to dribble well if he wants to play professionally overseas, NBDL or make a NBA team. Also, at 6'2" or 6'3" Jordan Ash is viewed as a combo guard and is going to have to be able to bring the ball up. As for Lindsey, I have not seen his dribbling skills but hopefully, he has them or is working on them. As for Law, after watching the way he tried to beat the press v. Maryland by dribbling through it, I do not have much confidence in him being to able to bring the ball up.

Having enough guards isn't a concern. Two years ago, all we had were Sobo and Demps (and Sobo hardly played during the B10 season). With BMAC, Demps, and Ash, we've got enough guys that can dribble it up the court. I think the bigger concern is will they play backcourt defense effectively...

Cobb actually played a lot of point guard two years ago. But I agree with everything else you say.

Cobb actually played a lot of point guard two years ago. But I agree with everything else you say.

Man, I totally forgot about him. Good point. Not to be contradictory, but didn't he miss the last 5 or 6 games that season due to injury? Of course, the only wins we got during that time period were the Purdue game and Iowa in the BTT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT