ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Notes on game day in Vegas

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
So @mshelton33 and I attended the Purple Party at Ri Ra, as well as the pregame pep rally. It was great to see the old WildcatReport crew at Ri Ra, like @BosCat, @docrugby1, @Alaskawildkat, @DrillCat and Family, Mr. and Mrs. @FarmCat68, @SimpsonElmwood, etc. They all got to meet Matt -- who was one half to one third of the age of everyone there. I tried to pump @No Chores for info, but he wasn't talking. He was still on his first beer.

Then we headed over to the House of Blues for the pep rally. That was jam-packed with Purple. The band and cheerleaders performed, and then the dignitaries came out to say a few words. Gragg was met with a mixed, muted response of some cheers and some boos. (He didn't say very much but at least he didn't use notes this time.) And then Schill came out and was booed LOUDLY. It was like Roger Goddell at the NFL Draft-level booing. He tried to just talk over the noise but couldn't. The alumni really sent a message with that. There were alums in their 20s through 70s in there, and he seems to have ticked off all of them. Overall, though, it was a great turnout -- and hey, they fed us, too! Can't beat a free lunch.

As for the stadium, it's spectacular. These new NFL stadiums are really something. The press box is massive and open-air. We went down on the field before the game for a bit. I think you could get the entire Ryan Field footprint into the lower bowl alone.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News