ADVERTISEMENT

NU in the hunt to add Rivals100 wing to 2020 class

LOL!

The drive to PSU, while a bit shorter is, imo, a bit more strenuous than the drive to Evanston as it requires going a good while on 2-lane highways which are more tiresome to drive.

What?! One can make a round trip to State College and back in less time and be more refreshed than taking that dreadful trip to Chicago.

Edited to add...They've completed I-99 so it's all interstate highway to State College now. In other words, it's easier now than when I've driven to State College from various locations, including the Erie area.

Last edited:
What?! One can make a round trip to State College and back in less time and be more refreshed than taking that dreadful trip to Chicago.

Edited to add...They've completed I-99 so it's all interstate highway to State College now. In other words, it's easier now than when I've driven to State College from various locations, including the Erie area.

It's about 4 hours compared to a bit over 7 hrs (unless they make a detour to Pittsburgh 1st to pick up their other kid).

Unless things have changed, parts of I-80 are usually under construction/repair.

Never thought the drive to Evanston was that bad, and highway driving is significantly easier now w/ driving aides like ACC and LKA.

In another 2 years or so, should start seeing vehicles equipped w/ LiDar and level 3 systems.

You really don't know what you're talking about, and I do, having gone to both NU and Pitt. Your flight time from Erie to Chicago is ridiculous.

That's what's stated on the schedule (of course can vary depending on what type of aircraft and wind conditions).

The Jeffress family lives about 10 or 15 minutes from the Erie airport, where I never get to a flight more than a half hour before flight time.

That's cutting it close, but still have to park the car, etc. - so all that still takes about an hour.

Another popular option would be to drive to Cleveland (not Buffalo), stay at the Airport Marriott Hotel, and take any one of about 10 flights flights the next day to Chicago, no problem.If it's an afternoon game, you can come back the same day.

Kind of a moot point considering that Dr. Jeffress would likely avoid flying (the Association of Flight Attendants wants leisure travelers to stay home), but think that the Jeffress would at least like to spend an evening w/ their son after making the trip to Evanston.

In terms of being able to spend time w/ William (as well as their other kid, who should be able to make pretty much every home game) w/o having to fly, Pitt makes the obvious choice.

But if both William and his parents were willing to sacrifice for an NU education, the drive to Evanston is certainly doable.

Not for every home game or even most per Dr. Jeffress' schedule, but 3-5 games seems likely doable.

That's what's stated on the schedule (of course can vary depending on what type of aircraft and wind conditions).

That's cutting it close, but still have to park the car, etc. - so all that still takes about an hour.

Kind of a moot point considering that Dr. Jeffress would likely avoid flying (the Association of Flight Attendants wants leisure travelers to stay home), but think that the Jeffress would at least like to spend an evening w/ their son after making the trip to Evanston.

In terms of being able to spend time w/ William (as well as their other kid, who should be able to make pretty much every home game) w/o having to fly, Pitt makes the obvious choice.

But if both William and his parents were willing to sacrifice for an NU education, the drive to Evanston is certainly doable.

Not for every home game or even most per Dr. Jeffress' schedule, but 3-5 games seems likely doable.
Repeating nonsense doesn't make it correct.

It's about 4 hours compared to a bit over 7 hrs (unless they make a detour to Pittsburgh 1st to pick up their other kid).

Unless things have changed, parts of I-80 are usually under construction/repair.

Never thought the drive to Evanston was that bad, and highway driving is significantly easier now w/ driving aides like ACC and LKA.

In another 2 years or so, should start seeing vehicles equipped w/ LiDar and level 3 systems.

Nothing has changed. Yes, PA interstates receive heavy traffic and are often under repair. Peter Leo (Pgh P-G) called I-79 the "Red Barrel Route".

According to Google, it's 3 hours and 21 minutes now under normal driving conditions. I-99 has also been completed through to State College so it isn't the 2-lane slog it used to be. I drove it several times (Linesville to State College and vice versa) and never had any significant delays but it can be a horror show of deer strikes during hunting season.

Great news here: Four-star wing William Jeffress is the No. 75 player in the nation and says that Northwestern is one of his favorites.

NU in the hunt to add Rivals100 wing William Jeffress to 2020 class ($)
Here's a little update on William Jeffress - thought some might be interested even though we lost him to Pitt. Jeffress was just named first team all state in the 6A (highest) division in Pa. He was just edged out for player of the year in 6A by Ethan Morton of Butler who NU recruited very heavily. Unfortunately, Morton committed to Purdue, but at least we won't have to see Jeffress in the BIG. Jeffress and Morton were scheduled to match-up in the state quarterfinals (McDowell vs. Butler) when the state play-offs were cancelled due to COVID 19.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT